Mind Control

Mind Control - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 20th Apr, 2005 - 2:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 12th Nov, 2004 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #

Mind Control

Do you believe it is possible for people to use their mind in order to control a physical object such as in bending or moving a spoon? What about the ability to read a person's thoughts?

Sponsored Links:
18th Nov, 2004 - 4:34am / Post ID: #

Control Mind

WARNINGwarningWARNING! This is just MY opinion - not doctrine of ANY belief system: I firmly believe that mental power can do incredible things, and even change physical situations, but I do not believe anybody who comprehends that power would waste it on mere parlor tricks with spoons and cups. In fact, the faith by which God created worlds could be considered a higher form of concentrated thought energy. After all, He doesn't have to force things to happen - He just speaks, or even thinks, and the elements obey Him because He will never instruct them incorrectly. So the long answer to your short question is, YES, people have the potential, and some have the power in this life, to move objects with mental power. But true, unlimited power in that realm does not occur until the intents are completely pure and righteous.

18th Nov, 2004 - 12:36pm / Post ID: #

Mind Control Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

I tend to agree with you, howe. I have been considering, for example, how the breathing and meditation techniques of the Orient appear to be so effective. Unlike most Christians (including almost all Mormons), I don't disregard those "powers" out of hand. I strongly suspect that there is a lot of truth and goodness contained in their teachings on those subjects.

For example, Qi Gong (Chi Kung) is a system by which people learn how to manage the "energy" flowing through their bodies. There are lots of remarkable stories of people healing themselves, as well as others, by the use of qi. I often wonder if a strong faith and understanding of christian principles, combined with a serious, prayerful study of Qi Gong might not produce remarkable results.

As far as manipulating material things other than one's own body, I strongly suspect that we all have that inherent ability, but very few of us have the faith and confidence it would require to do anything with it. And, as you pointed out, those who do have such faith and confidence wouldn't be using it on parlor tricks.

About the only place I can think of where it has been recorded as being used very much has been in healing. In the New Testament, there are a few examples of it being used for other things, but they are greatly outnumbered by the healings.

Imagine what would happen if those who perform parlor tricks with the power of the mind were to go to the Source of that power, and seek His guidance in using it.

19th Nov, 2004 - 4:14am / Post ID: #

Control Mind

Warning: same as horde, this is just my theory, there's no basis to it. Just a personal fantasy of mine which would be nice if it were true. wink.gif

I think that if you want something to happen with all your strength, if you really want it to happen, then it will.

Now, many of us want to be millionaires, so why, according to the above statement, can't we? Because by really wanting, what is meant is that you concentrate solely on that matter - nothing else. and, as easy as it may sound, we can never think about one thing alone. When I'm reading, for example, I often find myself on page 216, knowing none of what I just read, because my train of thoughts kept wandering about. And that always happens - not only when reading a book, but with every-day activities, either consciously or unconsciously.

But, wait a minute, I hear you say, how can you walk without having to concentrate on it? That may be explained by the fact that such things as a poor man suddenly becoming a millionaire, or flying and super-natural powers being used, are not accepted by all the other people around you. That is, you need a strong will to overcome the pack of weak ones against it. even though you may want to fly or whatever, the will of the other people around you will bend yours - no one believes in human flight, so you won't be able to fly, no matter how much you want to. Everyone believes in walking, so that's why it's not a problem.

Wouldn't that be nice if that was true? All you would need to do is spread the word that flying is possible, and it will be!

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2005 - 11:38am / Post ID: #

Mind Control
A Friend

Control Mind

It seems that I am the minority here, but I don't think that this type of mind over matter is possible. Physics state that when you push on something that something pushes back. Now if your mind is doing the pushing then it seems to me that the object pushes back and places pressure on your brain. If you try too hard *squish*... Physics just don't ignore you because you want them to- it doesn't matter how badly you want physics to go away, or how much focus you can place on petitioning physics to go elsewhere for a while it just won't work.
Now, this is my belief, but I will say this--I hope I'm wrong.
Now reading thoughts seems more plausible to me, but not without the aid of machines. These machines would have to be able to analyse brain activity and interpret it and re-encode it into something you could understand- this is how I imagine telepathy working and I will say this also-- I hope I'm wrong and telepathy is truly out of reach of man.
-Unferth

6th Apr, 2005 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

Mind Control

Well, like everyone else, this is just opinion:

I'm not so sure I believe in the ability to move physical objects with one's mind, but I do believe human beings have the ability to regulate their own metabolic functions with extreme focus and discipline. I'veheard many stories of asian monks and warriors being able to do such things, and it doesn't seem far out of the realm of possibility to me. After all, our brain is what regulates our bodily functions.

Also, as far as telepathy is considered, I also believe it is possible. People use it to minor extents even now, without realizing it. People send non-verbal communication called body language, but often there is more to it than that in my opinion. Electrical impulses from the brain could very well be another potential method of communication. Many animals communicate through minute chemicals that their bodies give off, why not humans communicating through electricity?

I hope telepathy is possible, and that human beings eventually develop it for this reason: It would help bring us closer to perfect empathy with one another. Ever have a difficult time explaining a complex thought with mere words? Ever wish you could simply make another person feel the way that you feel so that they might better understand you and your actions? Well, telepathy might be the key to that. It would eliminate the need for the ambiguous and inefficient "spoken and written word". Direct thought and feeling transfer, no communication could possibly be more efficient.

Oh, one last thing. Along the lines of telepathy, I believe human beings have a certain "power". Some people are strong-willed, and some are weak-willed. Other human beings can innately sense this in another human being at a subconscious level. There is actually a lot of research done in this field, and scientists are about 90% sure that this is true (or so I've heard). But it seems to make sense when you just think about it. I often feel I can sense strength of will in other people, as I often feel I can sense the level of intelligence when I look at another person's eyes. Do any of you feel that way? How does a frail old man like Gandhi hold off an entire army simply by sitting there? Strength of will, that's how. smile.gif

Anyway, Unferth, I'd be interested to hear why you are opposed to telepathy. Care to sate my curiosity?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Apr, 2005 - 1:16am / Post ID: #

Mind Control

Now reading thoughts seems more plausible to me.....

Everyone will have their own opinion on everything and everyone's opinion will be different. I've had personal experiences with thought reading and thought projecting, but I have never seen anyone move something with their mind. Qi Gong happens to be very influential in a lot of lives these days. The focus of one's ki or chi or qi, depending on which way you look at it, is very discipline trait to have. It takes a very long time to be able to control the movement of your body energy, with one exception which is being born with the ability to do so. Sure people can read minds or project their thoughts unto other without words, but it takes it's toll. To be truthful if your not very skilled at it you will drain large amounts of energy or be unable to control it.

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2005 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

Mind Control
A Friend

Mind Control Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal

As a lover of philosophy, my cousin and I are forming ideas about mental power. It is a strong force and I believe that it comes from knowing and understanding the human mind. Bending spoons and reading minds, in my opinion, is quite possible. Actually it can be helpful in certain situations. I think we all have the possibility of having tremendous brain power, as long as we can control and learn how to use it.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mind Control

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,