Prison Systems

Prison Systems - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 15th Dec, 2004 - 7:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Law breakers - what should we do with them?
Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2004 - 9:56pm / Post ID: #

Prison Systems

Do you think incarceration is the best method to deal with a society that seeks to disobey the law?

The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons
-- Fyodor Dostoyevsky: Russian novelist, 1821-1881

Sponsored Links:
23rd Nov, 2004 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

Systems Prison

I think it is the best method. Yes. Sort of like a time out. If you can't behave we will remove you from society until you learn to behave. Or, we will at least keep you away from society so that you can't continue to harm people and/or cause trouble.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

12th Dec, 2004 - 10:56am / Post ID: #

Prison Systems History & Civil Business Politics

I agree with it to stop the criminal from hurting more people...yet they go inside the jails and its sometimes even worst. I'm not sure about it. I know must be a method but it has been prove that incarcelation in some cases have even a worst impact upon the criminal. Incarcelation may work if everyone within the system is doing what they are suppose to do to make sure the criminal who will leave the street in some years is prepared to face society.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

12th Dec, 2004 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

Systems Prison

If you caught a thief would you lock him up in a hotel and let him
out two years later and pay for the bill yourself?

Justice requires the person restore back the injury where possible - this cannot be done from inside a prison cell.

I think prisons are necessary for some crimes, probably the serious ones whereby the person is a *real* (not imagined) danger to society, even so they should be replaces of reform.

Dubhdara.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

12th Dec, 2004 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

Systems Prison

Very good points, if someone did something wrong they should restitute somehow for what they did...in some cases this is not feasible yet I think more things could be done to reform the whole system.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 15th Dec, 2004 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

Prison Systems
A Friend

Prison Systems

The prison system, in my opinion, is not very effective. The laws need to be reformed, not the prisons. If a person smokes marijuana once, should he go to prison for it? Tax payers will end up paying for a one time drug user, and that persons life is ruined. Drug dealers, murders, and rapists are the people we should be imprisoning, not teenagers writing graffiti or spiting on a sidewalk. Community service is the best way to punish wrongdoers. therefore they are giving back to the community, not taking from it by living in prisons my money is paying for.
Happy holidays
Student

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Dec, 2004 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

Prison Systems
A Friend

Prison Systems

The jails around here have the inmates do community service. They'll do roadside clean up. So, not only is it a non-glorifying job, but there are signs every like the Scarlet letter announcing that inmates are working.

Truthfully, I think our prisons and jails are too nice. There have been stories of homeless people commiting crimes purposefully to end up in jail so that they have a roof over their head, cable television, and three meals a day. I think I wrote this somewhere else too, but they were showing on a new channel what Scott Peterson's cell would look like if he got life in prison. His prison cell was nicer than my dorm. How messed up is that? Not to mention they could earn money in prison to buy things from the prison store like cd players. The criminals in the United States are suffering, let me tell you.

Prison and jail are not nearly as nice in other countries, and look at their crime rate. People are terrified to go to jail in some countries.

15th Dec, 2004 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

Prison Systems Politics Business Civil & History

Prison and jail are not nearly as nice in other countries, and look at their crime rate. People are terrified to go to jail in some countries.

You have to see how Prisons are here in Trinidad! They are desgusting...they don't even have the basics properly done like toilets and so on. It is terrible. I heard stories of immates having to put socks or paper on their mouth while sleep so roaches will not enter to their mouths. Jails here are infested with all kind of insects. The immates are treated terrible.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Prison Systems

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,