The Mozart Effect. Your Opinion? - Page 2 of 3

This was really interesting information. My - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 5th May, 2006 - 10:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Music Therapy
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2004 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

The Mozart Effect. Your Opinion?
A Friend

The Mozart Effect. Your Opinion? - Page 2

I believe that music does have an affect on the way a person's mind works. I believe that every person is unique and therefore different people work better with different types of music. I personally enjoy classical music. It helps me to focus my thoughts and concentrate on the task at hand, which is something I do not find in other music. I listen to many different types of music, but when I need to gather my thoughts and refocus my life classical music is my choice.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2004 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Opinion Effect Mozart The

Well, I share the same feelings. It's strange how easily motivated I feel after a classic ballad or even a more boisterous piece by Mozart himself, but either way, it is a great inspirational motivator. I actually just got a new CD which contains some of the best of classical. Habanera from Carmen is on there and just listening to it makes me want to get up and tango.

2nd Dec, 2004 - 10:08pm / Post ID: #

The Mozart Effect. Your Opinion? Health & Special Psychology

Music is more powerful than we acknowledge. I think the reason that so-called classical music tends to help in intellectual matters is that it is so completely logical in its construction. Modern music, especially popular music, seems to fall short of it in two areas: either it is too sloppy or too simple. How many popular songs do you know with only three or four chords? Plenty. How about songs where techniques that were originally considered mistakes are now just popular style?

I personally advocate at least an hour of 'media silence' during the day. We go to work or school and see TV, movies, or listen to music in the background. We go home in a car with the radio on. We get home and turn on the TV or some music. Some of us even sleep with the radio or TV blaring. Try taking an hour out where you can hear nothing but your thoughts. It's a great thing to do every day. As I commute, I have started talking to myself or praying aloud or composing songs on the road. It enriches my mind so much more than talk radio or traveling music ever have.

Post Date: 11th Dec, 2004 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Opinion Effect Mozart The

It doesn't work with me. If somebody wanted to distract me from doing work, they would play instrumental or classical music. I've been such a band dweeb for so long that I'll start to pick apart the music. If I'm not careful, I'll start conducting. So, after an hour, I've succeeded in putting my name on the paper, working my arms out, identifying every key change in the song and every time change. But, for most normal people, it does help. smile.gif

11th Dec, 2004 - 1:18am / Post ID: #

Opinion Effect Mozart The

I agree biggrin.gif

I can't possibly listen to music while doing something else. But if you're on the way to school or work, it could help to warm up your brain in preparation for the real excersizes you will need to do there.

9th Sep, 2005 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

I can't listen to music while studying something else. However, as a soundtrack to life - in the car, etc., I like to carefully choose the influences I consume. It's not just that Bach is good to play while you study math - that is a very limited interpretation of the thesis that music changes mental function. I believe that by listening to Bach, my mind makes connections of a mathematical nature more easily and naturally, because it exercises that function of the brain. By listening to Schnitke or Stravinsky or Penderecki, my mind stretches to connect familiar sounds with unfamiliar tonal arrangements. This carries over into other "outside the box" creative thinking. There is a type of music that is good for every mental function, and to listen consciously to whatever music is chosen helps the mind to work more efficiently in the long run. Thus, music cannot be used effectively in a manner similar to cramming for an exam - it must be a pattern of consistent exposure to good music, and it will yield noticeable results over time.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Sep, 2005 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

The Mozart Effect. Opinion - Page 2

The effect is not so astounding as you might believe. It has long been believed that those who stimulate both sides of the brain, the rational and creative tend to create more linkages and synapses. This effect has been attributed to those that take or participate in instrumental play tend to do better than their counterparts. It seems to be a logical expansion that listening to music that was found pleasant by the listener would have similar stimulus and effects. It is also true that classical music uses natural harmonics which is found pleasing to most western ears. Early Jazz, Bluegrass, Gospel and Barbershop music were also based on these simple harmonics.

Wyldehorse

5th May, 2006 - 10:17pm / Post ID: #

The Mozart Effect. Opinion Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

This was really interesting information.
My 2 youngest children have special needs, and have a low concentration span, recently they have started to watch a programme on the Disney channel, called 'little Einstein's'

In this programme which is cartoon like, the characters repeatedly sing classical music with made up words, and then repeat again by humming, everything is repeated over and over.

Interestingly, although my children find it hard to sit down for any amount of time, they sit and watch this programme, and now have a whole bunch of classical music that they can 'laa laa' along to.
Classical music certainly seems to be having a calming effect on them!

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: The Mozart Effect. Your Opinion?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,