30 Posts Too Much? - Page 3 of 6

I don't think it's that JB, - Page 3 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 6th Jan, 2006 - 2:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

?
Poll: To play RPGs here I think 30 posts is...
  Very easy to make       43.75%
  Reasonable to make       37.50%
  Kind of hard to make       18.75%
  Very difficult to make       0.00%
Total Votes: 16
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
It is like asking for blood to some...
29th Nov, 2005 - 4:07am / Post ID: #

30 Posts Too Much? - Page 3

Nothing to apologize for, I was actually miss quoting you... and for that I am the one with the mistake, my last post should read... "Not harsh at all...". I do agree with what you said in both posts and hope to find this 'level' of RPGer, but I must admit it is very difficult, but hopefully the 30 posts will filter then teeny boppers from the serious ones.

Sponsored Links:
29th Nov, 2005 - 8:33am / Post ID: #

Much Posts

The 30 post limit seemed like a lot when I joined. Been a member of a guild for seven years now and barely have one thousand posts there so I was a little concerned at first. My only problem is interest or knowledge of the topics. The boards that do interest me scroll really slow. Between my work schedule and hobbies I find my
Knowledge on world events and such a few weeks behind or that I do not posess the knowledge to post intelligently. Like giving blood the topic reads, its not that bad but maybe a step or two under that! laugh.gif

Reconcile Edited: Kozak on 29th Nov, 2005 - 8:34am

29th Nov, 2005 - 11:11am / Post ID: #

30 Posts Too Much? Feedback & FAQ News Community

Kozak there are what I call no brainer topics here (topics that do not require much thought, but you still have to be constructive). Maybe you are looking through Boards that too in depth so try these:
Mature Thinking Teens
Movies & Television
Board, Card & Prop Games
Competitive Sports
USA Board
Those Boards should give you a chance to at the very least share your view on the Thread's subject matter. Enjoy.

1st Dec, 2005 - 4:56pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Much Posts

To me, thirty posts are not that much at all. They are when role-playing is a way of stress relief and you have no where else to go so therefore you went on a search, but on coming here I found a much better way to relieve stress by talking to intelligent people. What it does is separate those who are serious about role-playing and those who are not.

Another thing you can do, in reference to screening people coming in for the RPG's, is to ask for past role-playing history in text form, such as the link to the site that they played on, login name and character names. This way you can see if they can dedicate for a long time and can read their posts to get an accurate view almost before they enter your forum. That's how it's been done on a few RPG's that I've played and the results have turned out to be well done settings. But combined with the thirty posts, you'll end up with some of the best role-players.

Reconcile Edited: WearyKnight on 1st Dec, 2005 - 4:59pm

15th Dec, 2005 - 2:51am / Post ID: #

Much Posts

QUOTE (WearyKnight)
...screening people coming in for the RPG's, is to ask for past role-playing history in text form, such as the link to the site that they played on, login name and character names.

Although that may be a good tip I can see two things happening there:

1. People start believing that they are applying for a job and become disenchanted, the 30 posts is already a chore in itself for many.

2. Some will use it as an excuse to spam their web sites.

16th Dec, 2005 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

30 Posts Too Much?

As someone very new who was originally brought here by the lure of RPG, it seemed to be a daunting task. Not that 30 posts were a huge number, I remember my first day getting the watch dog when I had tried to post my 16th. (My hotel review, even!) I simply saved it and posted it the next day. There are so many topics I find myself wanting to respond so much! I wonder how sick of my username everyone is getting seeing it up there so much smile.gif

I came here via RPGHost which is a very, VERY loosely organized RPG site. There are no proverbial hoops to jump through and because that, there is such a high amount of spam and "dice rollers" that it became unbearable to me. I was staff there for two years, from room moderator to administrator to acting head admin before I couldn't take the petty sniping on the forums and the blatant rude ignorance in the RP rooms.

Now, I'm not bashing -- I'm simply offering you the alternative. I brought back the link here to a couple of my friends I have from RPGHost and one said it looked stellar and the other said -- 30 posts *before* I can even RP? So, it seems to me to be 6 of one and half a dozen of another. I'm afraid unless you don't find me constructive that you're stuck with me, I like it here too much!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Jan, 2006 - 1:06am / Post ID: #

30 Posts Much - Page 3

Interestingly enough, and I believe I may have brought this up before, but when someone does reach 30 posts they seem to get burnt out and then slow down, their activity level drops and then silence... maybe too much zeal to get there to fast wore them out?

6th Jan, 2006 - 2:14am / Post ID: #

30 Posts Much Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 3

I don't think it's that JB, as much as it is maybe they're not feeling pressured to come up with something witty to say so they relax? I'm just talking off the cuff, so I may be completely wrong. I know the holidays got me and then the unexplained inability to get into the site. When I was trying to get my 30 posts, I went into the hot topics specifically looking for something that caught my attention. I find myself checking into the RP and then looking over the hot topics, but not specifically looking for subjects that I can give constructive feedback in. Does this help at all?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: 30 Posts Too Much?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,