30 Posts Too Much? - Page 5 of 6

30 posts is not too much, although it can - Page 5 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 5th Aug, 2013 - 10:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

?
Poll: To play RPGs here I think 30 posts is...
  Very easy to make       43.75%
  Reasonable to make       37.50%
  Kind of hard to make       18.75%
  Very difficult to make       0.00%
Total Votes: 16
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
It is like asking for blood to some...
29th Jan, 2013 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

30 Posts Too Much? - Page 5

One thing I have noticed that some new Members do to try and get RPGer status quick is to play other role-playing games like Dungeons & Dragons in the Member Wars Board to get their Post count up quick in order to get into World of Medieval or Future Earth. This makes it easy for them because they are having so much 'fun' in the process that there is little effort to reach 30 Posts.

To counter this and find would be Players that are serious I'm thinking of imposing one more initial requirement: The majority of your 30 Posts have to be outside of the Member Wars or Welcome Boards. Participating in the Community's core Topics itself and not just games shows that a Member really is interested in the Community as a whole, their contribution towards it and not just what fun they can get out of it.

Do note, I also added the Welcome Board because I've also observed for quite awhile that another 'trick' used is to keep asking questions, wait for a Reply and ask another question thus getting a whole bunch of Posts in from just asking questions which most times have already been documented or relayed to them. Thoughts?

Sponsored Links:
29th Jan, 2013 - 2:24am / Post ID: #

Much Posts

I agree with what you said JB. In my opinion the Welcome Board should be the first one to be not included in the 30 posts count. I don't know if the Member Wars is used to pump up post counts and participation. New players spend time creating a character and, usually, they come out with a very detailed background story which shows they invested time in it. I hinted to the two months requirement because I thought that, if a member can keep his participation above 75% for two months there's a smaller chance that he will quit the games after only few days.

29th Jan, 2013 - 2:34am / Post ID: #

30 Posts Too Much? Feedback & FAQ News Community

Yes, I saw the reasoning behind your time limit. If this were a more close knit club I would definitely implement your suggestion, however because it is international site and is based on random involvement the two months is like an eternity. As a web developer I generally know how most people like everything 'easy' online - they expect to push a button and everything unravels. I try to picture myself joining a site to participate in something... If they tell me wait two months the first thing I would do is look for another site. A good example of this is you get Members who do join, participate right away and stay, we may have lost them if we imposed more restrictions.

29th Jan, 2013 - 9:29am / Post ID: #

Page 5 Much Posts

Yes, you are right. On a second thought, the 2 months time limit seriously risks to keep away potentially dedicated players from joining. Maybe a solution could be making more clear (editing the standard message from Horde?) that keeping the participation rate above 75% means posting at least twice a day. I believe that some new Members don't realize that because in the beginning is very easy to stay near 100%. I made that same mistake when I joined but I fall in the rare category of those that don't expect to have everything with just one click. Maybe that's the sign that I'm starting to be old? (laugh)

29th Jan, 2013 - 10:19am / Post ID: #

Much Posts

Yes, I will get Horde's message changed mentioning where to Post and how often to Post but generally I find that most people simply do not read so its a matter of disseminating as few words as possible and still getting our entire position understood (a difficult task).

31st Mar, 2013 - 1:37pm / Post ID: #

30 Posts Too Much?

The Addition of CPosts (CORE Posts)

With the addition of Core Posts labelled as "CPosts", Members will now be able to guage each other's Contribution to the Community. It will also be an indicator of which Posts actually count towards RPG status or anything else that requires a certain number of Core Posts. More on it: Points, CPosts, Posts & FP - Forum Points.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Apr, 2013 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

30 Posts Much - Page 5

I like the new break down of activity JB! Its cool to see how many of the posts I made were in the role-playing games and how many were in the other boards. Its cool too because you can see pure gamers and members that like to discuss other things too. Good job.

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2013 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

30 Posts Too Much?
A Friend

30 Posts Much Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 5

30 posts is not too much, although it can be time consuming searching through the loads of content offered on this site, I have been here for almost two weeks I think and I still have not managed to get over 30. I spend most of the day browsing through pages trying to decide which topic to select. I suppose the average person is not so indecisive but there could be other methods. Maybe if you have been here for a length of time and your participation % is over 75 yet you still do not have 30 core posts you could be evaluated by the staff by doing a simple review on your posts and activity to see if you are committed or not. I am sure I can reach this goal but I am certain others have reached it much faster than I have.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: 30 Posts Too Much?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,