Why Text Based Role-Playing Games? - Page 2 of 5

I feel the main thing is how well the gm writes. - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 18th Jul, 2009 - 4:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 5 
What is your argument / position about Text Role-Playing Games?
10th Sep, 2005 - 5:35am / Post ID: #

Why Text Based Role-Playing Games? - Page 2

I'm always fascinated and even surprised by other people's writing styles, and how in-depth their characters' personalities are developed. It makes the game so much more fun when players actually decide who and what their character is -- an actual "person" so to speak, with a history, physical attributes, a personality, and even ethics -- rather than simply a name on a page. You can't get that from the face-to-face games, although those can be fun just for the impromptu, off-the-cuff interaction.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Oct, 2005 - 9:25pm / Post ID: #

Why Text Based Role-Playing Games?
A Friend

Games Role-Playing Based Text Why

Me, I like science fiction RPG's. As long as they're innovated, somewhat original, and fun, then I'm all for it, no matter if it's some dice & board game, or a PS3 new release. If it captures my interest, I'm hooked. I actually got started text-RPGing in a game on the net called Kingdom of Loathing. It is like a million webpages connected, and you have to flip back and forth. Well, it has a chatting system. Me and a friend were trading services, I made an ingredient, and he made the food. I could make three ingredients, so one of us would get two, the other would get one, and every other day we'd switch. One day, he wrote KingRatt smacks KingLee with a wet noodle. (It was a funny site with that kinda stuff on it.) So I wrote, Kinglee crushes KingRatt with Sword of Sterility. So he wrote KingRatt kills KingLee with a can opener. I wrote Kinglee revives using a phonix down (That's how it was spelled.) and signs off. After signing off, he uses his dark powers and lights KingRatt's hair on fire. He wrote OH MY GOD! YOU LIT MY HAIR ON FIRE YOU LITTLE BAST@^%! I'LL KILL YOU! (Uses Dark Flare) so I wrote Kinglee uses Dark Crush! and kills everyone on KOL. Sorry other people! and that's how I got interested.

24th Feb, 2006 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

Why Text Based Role-Playing Games? Reviews RPG & Card Board

For me there is no comparison, between PBF PBE-mail and Graphical single player or MMORPG's, I have played all, and am currently still involved in Graphical MMORPG and Single player games.

And hoping to get back into PBF soon (about another 25 posts soon)

They each bring there own to the table, PBF gives you choice anonymity to be whatever you want, look however you want. and to be fair, what you see yourself as. On PBF I have been blind, had only 1 arm, yet still a formidable character to play.

Where as a MMORPG brings the adrenalin rush of graphical games, along with the social interaction of like minded players.

The single player games bring just plain and simple fun, there are usually no restrictions on you characters and no laws as such, you can either do it or not. Not a great deal of choice but great fun.

The choice is there and its all about choice, If I want an in depth story that is out of my control, I'll come here.

If I want a standard story, and some dungeon crawls but allot of ic or ooc social contact, its Guild wars for me.

An if its just some RPG fun I'm after then I'll stick the Gothic 2 or Morrowind CD's in the tray.

Message Edited!
Persephone: Spell check, spell check, spell check! Do not use one letter to represent whole words!

26th Feb, 2009 - 6:38pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Games Role-Playing Based Text Why

One thing I like about tet rpg or as I call it play by post role-playing is the control. I can control eactly what I want my character to do.

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2009 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Games Role-Playing Based Text Why

I like the text based game as much as the table top style. I like to get into a game and enjoy it totally. Letting the GM know what your character is doing is a must. This way there is no confusion by what you meant when you wrote that order.

27th Feb, 2009 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

Keeping a record of all the actions of everyone is a good point. I also like that you can add pictures in some cases so that you can show what your character looks like.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Feb, 2009 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Why Text Based Role-Playing Games - Page 2

Yes pictures help a lot. It is always nice to have something to look at once in a while. As a DM I am not that good at posting picture on the internet as of yet.

18th Jul, 2009 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

Why Text Based Role-Playing Games Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

I feel the main thing is how well the gm writes. I know gms who can say it well but write it terribly.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Why Text Based Role-Playing Games?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,