Tainted Blood & Bill Clinton

Tainted Blood Bill Clinton - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 1st Oct, 2007 - 8:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
You will not believe this one...
Post Date: 3rd Jun, 2005 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Canada's Red Cross guilty in HIV scandal
Distributed tainted blood killing thousands at time of deal with Bill Clinton's Arkansas

The Canadian Red Cross pleaded guilty to distributing blood tainted with HIV and hepatitis C in a health disaster that has killed more than 3,000 people.

The organization, which distributed the blood in the 1980s, paid a fine of $4,000 for causing more than 1,000 Canadians to contract blood-borne HIV and as many as 20,000 to become infected with hepatitis C.
Ref. https://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=44529

Sponsored Links:
3rd Jun, 2005 - 10:49am / Post ID: #

Clinton Bill and Blood Tainted

Why would I not believe this? It has always been known that under Bill Clinton, corruption was overwhelming in Arkansas.

Just look at the basic facts. It was illegal to sell prisoners' blood inside the US, so Clinton awarded the job to a friend to sell the blood outside the US. KNOWING that there were good chances of the blood being contaminated (since that was why it was illegal to sell it in the US).

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

4th Jun, 2005 - 10:07am / Post ID: #

Tainted Blood & Bill Clinton History & Civil Business Politics

This is a disgrace and more needs to be done to apprehend the key players. How on earth could anyone justify selling blood from prisoners, especially unscreened blood. What greedy low-life would do that?

I would also like to know whether the Canadian Red Cross was privy to information on the source of their blood purchase and what measures they took to screen it themselves.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Post Date: 4th Jun, 2005 - 12:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I thought that all blood, even blood sold outside the US, had to be screened? Am I incorrect in this assumption? If not, I think that is just as disturbing as the fact that Clinton allowed it to happen on his watch.

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2005 - 12:19pm / Post ID: #

TAINTED BLOOD TRIAL BEGINS FOR FORMER RED CROSS HEAD

The trial gets underway in Toronto on Monday for Dr. Roger Perrault, one of the people at the centre of Canada's tainted blood scandal.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...l-20051128.html

Post Date: 26th Jul, 2006 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

PM UNVEILS NEW AID FOR TAINTED BLOOD VICTIMS

Thousands of Canadians who contracted hepatitis C from tainted blood but were excluded from earlier compensation will now be covered under a new $1.1-billion plan, Prime Minister Harper announced Tuesday.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...on-package.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Jul, 2006 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

I thought that all blood, even blood sold outside the US, had to be screened?
Don't forget that AIDS was a new disease in the early 1980's. Blood banks were not even warned of a possible problem with the blood supply until 1983.
Sales continued until 1983, when HMA revealed that some of the plasma might be contaminated with the AIDS virus and hepatitis. The blood was also marketed overseas.
Had Canada screened blood in the early 1980's, I doubt that the HIV virus would have been known. I know that there were many more cases of the public contracting HIV through tainted blood during this time. The crime is in not screening the blood for the hepatitis C and other diseases, and in selling it to whichever country would buy it. Canada didn't adopt the screening test until 1990, which is extremely negligent, in my opinion.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

Post Date: 1st Oct, 2007 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

Tainted Blood & Bill Clinton Politics Business Civil & History

Acquitted

Former Canadian Red Cross director Roger Perrault and three other doctors were acquitted Monday in the first criminal trial stemming from Canada's tainted blood scandal that left thousands infected with HIV or hepatitis C.
Ref. CBC

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Tainted Blood & Bill Clinton

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,