Canada Preparations

Canada Preparations - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th May, 2007 - 8:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Too much in the comfort zone?
Post Date: 10th Jul, 2005 - 11:17am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Canada Preparations

CANADA NEEDS MORE PREPARATIONS FOR ATTACK, EXPERT SAYS

A former top Canadian security official says the country needs to do more to prepare for the kind of attack that killed at least 49 people in London on Thursday.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...ning050709.html

Sponsored Links:
6th Aug, 2005 - 4:51am / Post ID: #

Preparations Canada

I have always heard how 'laxed' Canada is concerning most things just because it does not happen there for instance high crime, terrorism, etc. However, there is always a first time (I really hope not) and that changes everything. I am sure 9/11 and the recent London bombings will cause a few belts to be tightened, in fact there was a recent surprising step the Canada took to send back all foreign Islamic students studying in Canada (you can see that in another thread on the Studies of Islam Board).

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2006 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Canada Preparations History & Civil Business Politics

FIT FORCES IN CANADA'S FUTURE

Canada's top soldier, Chief of Defence Staff Gen. Rick Hillier, says the country's armed forces must be fit to fight and if they're not there could be serious repercussions.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...rces060104.html

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2006 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Preparations Canada

user posted image Visitor's View Point: According to Waiwode, in Canadian Army:

"I agree. I don't want to seem like a "terror-monger" but in some ways we are the "unprotected underbelly" of the Western "security porcupine."

Our only protection to date, to follow this analogy, is the fact that we are low to the ground, and not immediately obvious.

I don't feel that attack is an undeniable eventuality though, just a threat we should responsibly prepare for."

Even though this effects me (blown knees, bad back ... Infantry work is hard on the body) I agree with the General. You have to be fit to fight, especially in the modern environment ... frequently inhospitable conditions and a fatigue-enducing amount of gear can be deadly to those not fit enough to handle it.

5th May, 2007 - 8:52pm / Post ID: #

Preparations Canada

Even though The States have made preparations to enhance their security, it doesn't mean they're safe. In this war against an idea, you can not fully defend against it. So even though The States have made more preparations than Canada they're not entirely safe. What I'm trying to say is that just because you have made preparations doesn't mean you are safe. You can never make enough preparations. The lack of adequate preparations is evident in canada, but a country like the U.S. who's prepared as much as they can isn't safe either.
So who's ahead the country to the south who is terrified and spending as many resources as they can to protect them selves. Or our friendlies to the north who for the most part continue to leave their borders open and spend minimal on preparedness accepting the possible consequences. Canada being a country of minimal, has in my view likely been able to take the finances from inadequate preparedness and pushed it into the mop-up operation currently going on in Afghanistan.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Edited by LDS_forever. Please use capital letters where appropriate and do not use abbreviations such as "u". Read our constructive policy. Thanks.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

> TOPIC: Canada Preparations

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,