Irish Republican Army

Irish Republican Army - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th Sep, 2005 - 9:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
No more fighting
Post Date: 28th Jul, 2005 - 12:50pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Irish Republican Army

Peace At Last?

The Irish Republican Army announced on Thursday it will abandon its armed campaign against British rule, effective later in the day.
Ref. CNN

Sponsored Links:
28th Jul, 2005 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #

Army Republican Irish

I cannot believe this. Is it an April Fool's Day joke in July? I will need to see this story widely covered by International Media before I will believe it is true. Then we will need to wait and see if it makes a difference in the violence in Northern Ireland.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

29th Jul, 2005 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

Irish Republican Army History & Civil Business Politics

Excuse my skepticism, but I wonder why this sudden move? I am wondering if it doesn't have something to do with them being branded as terrorist in the global conflict? Blair certainly is happy about it:

IRA MOVE 'UNPARALLELED' : BLAIR

Political leaders are welcoming the Irish Republican Army's formal order for its members to renounce violence as a potentially historic step toward peace.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200.tion050728.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 30th Jul, 2005 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #

Army Republican Irish

BRITISH BEGIN DISMANTLING NORTHERN IRELAND BASES

The British army has begun closing or tearing down some of its military installations in the Irish Republican Army's rural stronghold, in response to the militant group's pledge to disarm.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200.ira-050729.html

30th Jul, 2005 - 9:11pm / Post ID: #

Army Republican Irish

I'm sure it has to do with global terrorism, and I'm also fairly certain that the IRA was pressured by the USA and the UK to do this. And I'm also fairly certain that there will always be "splinter groups" or "insurgents" who will carry on their cause, regardless of what the mainstream group decides. Perhaps the majority of the violence will now cease, but I believe there will always be those who will continue to fight for sovereignty.

All in my own opinion, of course.
Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

30th Jul, 2005 - 9:42pm / Post ID: #

Irish Republican Army

FarSeer: I'm also fairly certain that there will always be "splinter groups" or "insurgents" who will carry on their cause

Farseer, you just had to throw that wrench in Mr. Blair's joy wink.gif. I was thinking that same thing, but even if it happens at a small scale (more attacks by former IRA insurjent members) at least the British do not have to worry about a formal army. I am also worried about some Brits using that to say nasty things while demolishing their buildings like 'We won' or 'You loosers', etc.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Sep, 2005 - 11:37am / Post ID: #

Irish Republican Army

UK DECLARES UVF 'ENEMY OF PEACE'

The British government on Wednesday said it determined that an outlawed Protestant group in Northern Ireland had abandoned its commitment to a 1994 cease-fire and was an enemy of the peace.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/09/13...iots/index.html

Post Date: 18th Sep, 2005 - 9:22am / Post ID: #

Irish Republican Army
A Friend

Irish Republican Army Politics Business Civil & History

The IRA probably disbanded due to the fact that if they don't America will attack them. This happened in Libya and especially how Qaddafi has played with America like a dog.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Irish Republican Army

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,