All Topics Covered? - Page 3 of 4

I agree. This forum has tons of topics that - Page 3 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 30th Sep, 2006 - 3:55am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 

?
Poll: I usually find all topics are covered within this Community
  Very much so       81.82%
  Sort of       9.09%
  Not really       9.09%
Total Votes: 11
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
1st Jun, 2006 - 1:35am / Post ID: #

All Topics Covered? - Page 3

QUOTE (JB)
I believe we have covered so much here that now we have gone into 'specializing' Topics.

I think you really hit the nail on the head with that statement JB. This is exactly what seems to be taking place which is a wonderful thing. This means that there has been enough activity for a long enough period of time (With all of your efforts included.) that the range of topics and boards available are already here but as the post count on a subject goes up to justify or is in need of a little boost the specializing of boards really seems to be the kicker. The speed racing board is a great example of this also.

Sponsored Links:
1st Jun, 2006 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

Covered Topics All

Yes, but I do wonder if at some point it may explode? One problem I do have is that people find these Topics in the Search Engines and then look at the Board and think; "Oh, this is a Speed Racing Community", not realizing that it is just merely one Board out of hundreds. The main problem is that Specialized Boards take longer to update than general ones like the International News Board as a for example.

1st Jun, 2006 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

All Topics Covered? Feedback & FAQ News Community

As you have put other things in the past this seems to be a necessary evil in a way. To have a community that is so vast in content as this one there is no other good way to separate anything to make searches by interest any easier. While we will always get members thinking that this is a dedicated community we have to keep in mind that if they read the information on the sign up page they would know differently. As far as taking longer to update I am afraid I have no solution or words of wisdom. I will offer comfort that growth takes time and to grow something beyond limits of what everyone else has must take a lot of it along with much dedication. There again, a necessary evil.

1st Jun, 2006 - 2:17am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Covered Topics All

QUOTE (Bwren)
As far as taking longer to update I am afraid I have no solution or words of wisdom.

Well, there is actually an answer to this, it is called, "Forum Jobs". Members are given work to make these specialized Board more interesting because usually they are 'experts' in the Topics being covered and can thus think of what needs to be said or started. You an DianeC are good examples of this.

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2006 - 2:40am / Post ID: #

All Topics Covered?
A Friend

Covered Topics All

I do not have a problem starting a topic I want to know more about. If something comes to mind and I do not see it anywhere, I just start the topic, hoping I can find out alot that I did not know before. I feel that it allows me to expand my knowledge and helps me in my personal life too. This forum is just great! It is becoming a big addiction for me.

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2006 - 5:12am / Post ID: #

All Topics Covered?
A Friend

All Topics Covered?

I haven't been here that long and I have found everything that I am looking for. I like to go into different discussions and see what help or opinions I can provide.

I have also posted things myself and gotten responses. The members here are great, they are intelligent as well as being very nice and befriending.

Thank you for such a great site! wink.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Sep, 2006 - 1:39pm / Post ID: #

All Topics Covered - Page 3

I think this site has ANY topic you can think of, is jus a matter of proper search.

30th Sep, 2006 - 3:55am / Post ID: #

All Topics Covered Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 3

I agree. This forum has tons of topics that I haven't explored yet. If I couldn't find a topic I wished to discuss, I wouldn't feel shy starting one.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: All Topics Covered?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,