Depression - Page 3 of 10

Psychologists enlist machine learning to help - Page 3 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 28th Mar, 2017 - 5:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (10) »
Best of  Depression Treatment for Depression
Post Date: 25th Jan, 2017 - 12:39pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Depression - Page 3

Exercise as a Treatment for Depression

Are Sugar Pills Better than Antidepressant Drugs? We’ve known for decades that even a single bout of exercise can elevate our mood, but could it be enough to be used as a treatment for major depression? We’ve known that physical activity has been associated with decreased symptoms of depression. For example, if you look at a cross-section of 8,000 people across the […] Ref. Source 5v.

Sponsored Links:
25th Jan, 2017 - 1:38pm / Post ID: #

Depression

I applaud this kind of research. Exercise can solve so many health problems if its done consistently. I'm sure people a couple of centuries ago weren't as depressed as they are now because they had to get up and get in order to survive. This meant they had to plant fields, work their butt off and things like that. Things are so easy now that there isn't that need for physical exertion unless we put our bodies through it.

16th Mar, 2017 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

Depression Health & Special Psychology

Has anyone here feel hey were able to conquer depression all on their own or did you get outside help? If you fel you did it on your own how do you know you're not still depressed and just fooling yourself?

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

Depression
A Friend

Page 3 Depression

Maybe I am just fooling myself but I work on being upbeat and happy with life and all it has to entail. Can I slide back down into depression Oh yeah very easy there is a lot in my life that can make it soo very easy but I would rather look at the positive things in my life and go from there. I refuse to go to see professional help as I look at it as a weakness in me so I will not do it.

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

Depression
A Friend

Depression

I think this is a very personal thing and some people are better able to deal with this than others. KN is an example of someone who can self help. I'm sure there are others who need to seek professional help. I would never judge either group as depression is a real disease and it can be a killer.

Post Date: 26th Mar, 2017 - 3:29pm / Post ID: #

Depression
A Friend

Depression

Yes it is a real killer as we have seen or heard of others suffering that take their lives because they just can not deal with it anymore. I hope I never get that bad again but I do know it is always a possibility.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2017 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

Depression
A Friend

Depression - Page 3

Yes, it tears through the military community for so many reasons. One spends a year in a high stress environment getting adrenaline rushes on a daily basis, and then poof, back home and your expected to fit in. Or you watch a best friend die or lose a limb. Or your family leaves you after your fifth one year deployment in nine years. And then you've been trained to be tough and don't know how to ask for help. I've seen it too often.

Post Date: 28th Mar, 2017 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Depression Psychology Special & Health - Page 3

Psychologists enlist machine learning to help diagnose depression

Cognitive neuroscientists are using the Stampede supercomputer to provide accurate predictions of risk for those with depression and anxiety. They have been able to classify individuals with major depressive disorder with roughly 75 percent accuracy using a machine learning approach. Stampede 2 -- which will come online later in 2017 -- will provide the increased computer processing required to incorporate more data and achieve even greater accuracy. Ref. Source 6s.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Depression

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,