The Longer You Wait...

The Longer Wait - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 16th May, 2006 - 6:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

The Sweeter It Is...
Post Date: 30th Jan, 2006 - 7:22pm / Post ID: #

The Longer You Wait...

The Longer You Wait... The Sweeter It Is...

As a human, do you believe that the longer you wait for something the more gratifying it is to have it? Does longing for something entice us to appreciate it more?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2006 - 8:14am / Post ID: #

The Longer You Wait...
A Friend

Wait Longer The

I guess sometimes this is true. But waiting to long breeds frustration and impatient and often times resentment at what you cannot have. Its a personality thing and a patients thing, that allows us to feel this way. Though, the saying that the longer the wait, the sweeter the fruit. So in a way this is true, but can get way beyond being sweeter to being bitter by way of waiting.

Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2006 - 4:05am / Post ID: #

The Longer You Wait...
A Friend

The Longer You Wait... Health & Special Psychology

I think it depends on what thing being waited for is. Most of the time if you have to work a little bit harder to get something you want, be it something simple or elaborate, there's a bit more of a feeling of satisfaction to be found in it. Kind of like when I have to wait like eight hours for ice cream that I'm craving, and once I get it, it's so gratifying.

I believe that for intimate measures, waiting makes things sweeter. Giving up certain things that you can never get back takes something special away.

I do agree with konquererz, though, that sometimes having to wait too long for certain things can ruin the end result. Sometimes once you have to wait SO long for something, it makes you not want it so much anymore.

Post Date: 14th Feb, 2006 - 8:37pm / Post ID: #

The Longer You Wait...
A Friend

Wait Longer The

It might just be me but, when I finally get something that I have wanted for a long time I suddenly don't want it as much. Maybe the true pleasure is in the anticipation of the prize. When the need for it is such an exquisite pain. Nothing I have creates as strong an emotion as something I could have. Something that could be good. When I finally do obtain something I think to myself why did you want it so much. What was I thinking? Maybe I'm just greedy, and will always want more.

22nd Feb, 2006 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

Wait Longer The

For me long waiting does not make the thing sweeter.

1. If it is a material thing (buying something) - it's a definite "no".
If I want to buy a thing, it means I need it, and usually, need it right now.
What's the use of saving money for months and years and then finally buy something you really needed the moment you saw it first?
All this time that you spent in saving money, you could have been using the thing. It's rather annoying to realize it.

Besides, I do not like to feel myself depending on things, and if you are working to buy something, it's like as if you're living for this thing.

For me it's easier to buy a thing and then cut all my expenses off until I fill the gap that purchase left in my budget.

2. If it is a relationship - not sure, but think it's rather "no", too.
As it is for me, I do not put any distant goal in relationship. Normally I enjoy how the thing develops.
Of course, there are nice waiting moments. Anticipating seeing your girl or your friends tonight, for instance.
But there is a limit to it, too, because I can't say I'd feel better if had to plan a date half a year in advance. In this case, unless there is not much choice to see each other sooner, I'd feel like the precious moments that we could spend together just go to nowhere so finally, when the holly day comes, I'd be pretty winded up and frustrated with all the expectation and regret how much we missed.

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2006 - 10:55pm / Post ID: #

The Longer You Wait...
A Friend

The Longer You Wait...

I think that waiting for something can show a persons true character. For me there are things that drive me crazy, cause I desire them more than anything (Marriage for one).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th May, 2006 - 6:57pm / Post ID: #

The Longer Wait...

The longer I wait, or work for something, the more I appreciate it when it is mine.

> TOPIC: The Longer You Wait...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,