Stephen King

Stephen King - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 13th Jun, 2006 - 1:23am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Stephen King Discussion
Post Date: 11th May, 2006 - 12:28pm / Post ID: #

Stephen King
A Friend

Stephen King

Stephen King

Stephen King is a well known author of many different genre of books. He is obviously most known for his horror, but his real genius comes not from his horror, but from his fantasy and fiction. Books like Bag of Bones and The Green Mile show that King can write just about anything he puts his mind too. Recently, King has completed his Dark Tower Series, which many people consider to be his lifes masterpiece.

Source 8

What do you think about this author?

Do you have a favorite book or series?

Sponsored Links:
11th May, 2006 - 9:16pm / Post ID: #

King Stephen

My favorite book of his was 'IT'. I read this book when I was about as old as the kids in the book itself, so needless to say, it scared the living daylights out of me. I got the hard back version too, and read it in about 1 week, because it was so addicting. I also enjoyed Tommyknockers, Needful Things, Insomnia and Misery. I haven't read any of his newer works, but would like to do so, when the kids are older possibly, and I have more free time.

11th May, 2006 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

Stephen King UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I love Stephen King, though I haven't read a lot of his books. My favorite Stephen King book is The Green Mile. It's a favorite book of mine by any author and I think it's brilliant. I plan on reading more books by him soon.

11th May, 2006 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

King Stephen

I've read nearly everything that Stephen King has written. My favorite short story collection is Night Shift, from way back in the 70's. Scary stuff! He's always had a way of making the characters likeable, so when the scary stuff happens you care about them.

His book The Stand is may all-time favorite ~ I think I've read it a dozen times. And my all-time favorite character is Roland from the Dark Tower series.

Sometimes I think he gets carried away with the foul language. But other than that, he's a great writer.

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2006 - 12:38am / Post ID: #

Stephen King
A Friend

King Stephen

In my late teens, early 20's I read many of Mr. King's books, until I got on a Dean Koontz kick.

What amazes me is how he can even write from a woman's perspective. Rose Madder is one of my favorites, and there's also Geralds Game. Oh, and Dolores Claiborn as well.

12th Jun, 2006 - 1:30am / Post ID: #

Stephen King

Delores Claiborn~ That's one of the few movies made of King's books that was actually well done. For some reason, the directors or screenwriters or whoever can't seem to get "it" right with the other movies made, at least in my opinion. Perhaps it's just because what I saw and felt when I read it was different from what they saw/felt.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Jun, 2006 - 12:36am / Post ID: #

Stephen King
A Friend

Stephen King

I agree with you Farseer, the screen plays just never seem to catch that essence that the books do. In fact they often miss it by a mile.

I have just finished "The Wolves of the Calla" and have found it spectacular! I have not been that worried about the characters in a book in a long time. He ends this fifth book of the Dark Tower Series with a great "What the heck!" moment that leaves you begging for the next book.

13th Jun, 2006 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

Stephen King Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

Great book! I finished "Song of Suzannah" a while back, but feeling the need to read it again. The Dark Tower series is probably as unique a read as anything I've ever taken on.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Stephen King

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,