ROK Current Status / Updates

Rok Current Status / Updates - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 7th Mar, 2007 - 1:47am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (11) »
Closed
ROK News Ruler of Kings Text MMORPG. Any and all updates about the site will be updated here, so please check this Thread regularly. History: After a long hiatus ROK is back and re-opened in June 2013 with a new game engine with many enhancements over its predecessor. Free to play and participate.
7th Feb, 2007 - 4:38am / Post ID: #

Any and all updates about the site will be updated here, so please check this Thread regularly, it may be helpful if you subscribe to the Thread.

Latest News

We acquired the domain and script from a seller some days ago, but I have only now had chance to check it out and modify a few things such as the design and so forth. It is not open yet, but we are slowly getting there. Announcements will be given soon.

Sponsored Links:
13th Feb, 2007 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

Updates Status Current ROK

What Is Taking So Long?

So, you have to wonder what is taking me so long to open this game? Well, first of all my concern is always security and preventing spammers. The basic script that runs this game allows too much "freedom" for exploitation. An example of this is that it allows a Ruler (player) to upload any picture of their choosing without having me approve it. You can well imagine if someone decided to upload nonsense then chaos will happen. To prevent this I am installing predefined avatars that can be chosen. This means I have to re-write the script. It is taking time, but I am getting there! It will be open soon.

19th Feb, 2007 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

ROK Current Status / Updates Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Open!

I decided to get this open once and for all! Now there may be bugs or some things that do not seem right, and if it is so there is a Thread within this Board setup to take care of that. Everyone is free to join and begin playing immediately!

What is New?

* There are set avatars to choose from, so no worry about people uploading naughty photos.
* I am immediately informed of new registrations.
* All message based scripts point to the Community for that
* An enhanced Main Menu with Medieval related quotes including the 'Art of War'

20th Feb, 2007 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

Make Enemies / Friends

Before the script would show a name but not give you a link to the description of that name. I have changed that so you can immediately make other players friends / enemies.

21st Feb, 2007 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

Tweaking

I am also participating in the game as 'Game Master'. This enables me to see what the game needs to be more enjoyable, so if I attack you - do not be surprised. If you see a new image or added text - do not be surprised. Just keep checking here for major changes.

24th Feb, 2007 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

Fixes

I am changing all the modern English to old English to get the flavor of the game. This will take some time, but I will get it all.

On the ranks page the horses column never showed the number of available horses, this has been corrected.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Mar, 2007 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

Email Verification

Now, when a user signs up their Email will have to be legit, because if it is not they will not get the password! That is right, they do not sign up with a password, but one is created for them and then sent to their Email address (if they entered it in correctly). This helps in ensuring that genuine users are signing up as well as reduce multiple signups.

7th Mar, 2007 - 1:47am / Post ID: #

ROK Current Status / Updates Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post

Exploring Gets More Exciting

There will be more than Exploring than meets the eye... look out for it as you journey.

I also disabled "0" and no input turns. This means, users cannot just click the explore button hoping to see the various explore happenings, therefore - more surprises are coming!

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: ROK Current Status / Updates

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,