The Psychology Of Money

The Psychology Money - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th Jul, 2007 - 1:45am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 

?
Poll: Do you honestly believe that no amount of money can change your position or standards?
  Yes       55.56%
  No       44.44%
Total Votes: 9
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Psychology Of Money
What Are You Willing To Do? Read the WHOLE of the FIRST POST before replying as it is the main basis for this VERY interesting Topic.
3rd Jul, 2007 - 1:39am / Post ID: #

The Psychology Of Money

The Psychology of Money

I saw an act that was based on the theme of these people attending a conference to learn how to become rich. The main presenter (Host) said that people are born naked and penniless, so how do they become rich? The reason can be summed up in six words:

What Are You Willing To Do?

To prove his point he walked over to what seemed to be a conservative couple (in their 50s) and asked the woman to stand up. She looked and dressed very conservative and seemed to be the mothering type. He then said to her that if she would tell everyone how much money she makes in a year then she will be considered 'brave'.

She said "no".

He then said that he would give her $100 to tell everyone there.

She seemed reluctant.

He then doubled it by saying he would give her $200.

She then with a smile said she made $37,500 a year.

He then asked if she was wearing clean underwear.

She looked quizzical and siad that she did not want to talk about that.

He then said I will give you $200 just to tell me if you are wearing clean underwear.

She then saw no difficulty in that and said she was. She was happy to now have $400.

He then asked her if she would take off all her clothes and show everyone her clean underwear.

She immediately thought that was outrageous.

He then said, that since she makes $37,500 in a whole year he will give her that right now if she does it.

The woman thought the idea was outrageous and proceeded to sit down and look for comfort from her husband who put his arm around her.

He then said that he would double the money and make $75,000.

She insisted that he ask someone else because she would not do that.

He looked at others in the audience and as you guess it... there were people ready to do it.

He then said in a stern voice - "I do not want them, I am asking you."

He then said to her that he would give her $1,000,000 to take off her clothes.

She refused being a cultured woman.

The husband started to look uneasy.

The man turned to the husband and asked what he thought?

The husband said he would take off his clothes for $1,000,000.

The man told him that is not what he was asking. He was asking if his wife should do it and then added for $2,000,000?

At that point the husband started to try and reason with his wife that this was no big deal. Just undress for a minute and they would be rich.

His wife refused.

He then heard the persistence of the man who offered $2,000,000 and the husband began to be aggressive with his wife and started to pull off her clothes!

So what do you think?

The Psychology Of Money
The Psychology Of Money (Hover)

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
3rd Jul, 2007 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

Money Psychology The

Interesting act. Isn't there a phrase that says that everyone has a price (as in money)? The woman was not willing to take off her clothes yet she was willing to answer questions she thought she did not want to answer...all for the sake of money. The reaction of the husband is not of my surprise at all since I think people are willing to do anything in order to become rich. What a dangerous game.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

3rd Jul, 2007 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

The Psychology Of Money History & Civil Business Politics

There is actually a follow up to the story...

When the husband could not pull the clothes off his wife because she was obviously resisting he turned to the people who were attending the conference and said I will give each of you $100 just to help me get her clothes off.

Yes, and people jumped at it!

The thinking seemed to be that 'this was for her own good' since it was stupid of her to turn down $2,000,000 for such a 'simple' thing that many others were willing to do.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

6th Jul, 2007 - 8:59am / Post ID: #

Money Psychology The

I like to think that I am of a higher moral calling than to let money get in the way of how I live my life.

But then, I remembered something I once wrote about myself: I like money. Actually, I like the stuff it can do for me. I'd like more of it so I can do more stuff.

The question remains, "What would I do to get more money?"

I was horrified by the story related, especially when other people acted to undress the woman against her will. There is a name for this in legal terms, not the least of which is "assault". That her husband was the protagonist makes it all the more horrifying. I'm hoping there were people in the audience who felt sickened. Did anyone try to help her?

Anyway, I'm fortunate to have a comfortable life. I'm not wealthy, but I live in an upmarket apartment in an upmarket suburb, with access to electricity, hot and cold running water, a variety of healthy cafes and restaurants nearby, and the means to pay for eating at said establishments. I have a wardrobe full of clothes for all seasons, an array of shoes, hats, neck ornaments (ties, by any other name), and some inconspicuous "bling". I have a BIG television hooked to a dvd player, a games machine, a home theatre system, a stereo with lots of CD's to play on it, a microwave oven, a dishwasher, a fridge that works the way it should, a PC, a laptop.... the list goes on.

So, I have everything I need, basically. If I had more money, it's not like I could improve on my material belongings unless I got BIGGER "things".

But material possessions aren't all I desire. I like to travel on ocassion. More money would make destinations of choice more accessable.

Would I commit a criminal act to obtain more money? "No!"
But, would I demean myself or jeapardize my morals to be able to fly to exotic locations? The answer is still, "No".

To some people, money = power. I don't aspire to being powerful.

The bottom line is, I consider myself to be rich, even though I'm not wealthy. I'm grateful for what I have, where I live, and what is available to me.

To me, $1,000,000 is just a number. So is $1000, or $100. The fact is, I'm going to die one day, and whether I leave $1 or 1 million dollars sitting in a bank account when I pop off seems rather silly.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 3 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.3%

6th Jul, 2007 - 11:45am / Post ID: #

Money Psychology The

Thanks for sharing. The key element in this story is that the couple the guy chose to talk were not afulent at all. They were sitting in a conference about "How to get rich" which already shows the mindset. The fact that she would reveal things like if her underware was clean for a couple hundred dollars shows that she liked money. However, she had a break point, a point where she would not do 'anything'. Little did she know... her husband had no break point, because once the price sounds right he will go blindly. What I am trying to say is... this appeals to those who do not have more than those who do. If you do not have and struggled for years to get a little then what is being asked may seem like nothing.

That is what the man was showing. The fact that many jumped in the audience to take off their clothes for the $2,000,000 shows that there are those ready and able to do 'anything' really and some do... prostitutes for example.

I suppose the table will be turned for you if you lost what you have now and went into a life and poverty and distraught. Then along came this guy after many months of hardship and asked you the same question...

6th Jul, 2007 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

The Psychology Of Money

Philosopher:

I was horrified by the story related, especially when other people acted to undress the woman against her will. There is a name for this in legal terms, not the least of which is "assault". That her husband was the protagonist makes it all the more horrifying. I'm hoping there were people in the audience who felt sickened. Did anyone try to help her?

The story is simply an act, it is not real as JB mentioned on the first post.

I find the follow up very disturbing, the first thing that came to my mind was "rape". These people in the audience, including her husband, were treating this woman merely as an object and were willing to go against her will in order to get some money. Pathetic!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Jul, 2007 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

The Psychology Money

To an extent, I found this story quite amusing. The lady was willing to give personal information such as her income and if she wore clean underwear, once the right sum of money was offered. When the host boldly asked for the lady to take off her clothes, to reveal her clean underwear, to the audience, I almost laughed and half expected her to entertain to his request. Her spouse was obviously blinded by avarice and was unperturbed by the host's vulgar and disgusting request. I was shocked by his blatant lack of respect for his spouse, when he attempted to pull off her clothes.

The end of this experiment was quite horrifying! I never expected the man to turn to the audience for assistance, in disrobing his wife. It was appalling that the audience were easily "bought" for a mere $100.00. It is very interesting that people seem to lose all their morals and reasoning, when it comes to money.

I think that this story was fascinating. It really makes you wonder, how desperate people may become, to receive some cash, without having to work honestly or industriously for it. One can conclude that this experiment, highlights the old saying, "money is the root of all evil!"

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 14 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.4%

9th Jul, 2007 - 1:45am / Post ID: #

The Psychology Money Politics Business Civil & History

I think many do not take such stories seriously because they will flippantly acclaim no interest in such situations, but money and the highlight of having things that you work many years for awakens the beast within. That is why there are kidnappings, robberies and murders common throughout the world - the love of money - the root of all evil.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: The Psychology Of Money

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,