Canada vs USA - Page 3 of 9

Looks like our northern brothers are not to - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 21st Nov, 2008 - 4:15am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (9) »
Canada, Canadian versus USA Canadians vs US Americans - An underlying dislike?
20th Nov, 2008 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

Canada vs USA - Page 3

I have ponder that before as well I think we might have seen the west on its own with a swath of USA in the Alberta area. The east coast would have remained Newfoundland on its own with stronger ties to the Caribbean I think. But Ontario and Quebec would have been at odds with the British and France for loyalty...I think it still would have ended British in the end as France was not the most loved.

I agree the Fenian raids did do us a good turn in the long run alone with the railroad.

It is best just swept under the rug in American history.

Quasar I am surprised if it is not a well know fact on the war of 1812. We were at fort Erie this summer it is hard to believe so few in such meager building did so well. Mind you we did give a lot of ground before recovering it. I often thought if the Americans that tried to attack the north Hamilton area had not been so prideful and paid for a good guide how much different that would have turned out. Thanks again Laura Secord.

We owe a good amount of our success to the involvement of our natives as well as they helped more then many think.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Nov, 2008 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

Canada vs USA
A Friend

USA Canada

It may just be me and all the traveling that I have did when younger but I love the Canadians. I have met many from the north country and I have yet to meet one that I did not like. I think the US would learn a lot for some of them. The one thing I would love to see is them become part of the states. Make the most of this great continent one big happy country. smile.gif

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2008 - 5:16pm / Post ID: #

Canada vs USA
A Friend

Canada vs USA History & Civil Business Politics

Well I don't know about swept under the rugs or just not taught. I spent most of my years in southern schools where I was the only one a few white kids and 40-50 kids to a class sometimes. Basically we were all treated like throw aways. Most knowledge I have obtained has been through others and reading those dreaded books for the past 3-4 years.

I can't speak for all American schools but the education at the ones I attended till mid high school sucked.

I would be surprised if half of the kids that went to those schools could even point Canada out on a map. I am actually being very serious about that.

Reconcile Edited: Quasar on 20th Nov, 2008 - 5:19pm

20th Nov, 2008 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 USA Canada

That is very sad to hear Quasar. I do understand though I was fortunate and had a great school system. My nephews went through the same one 15 years later and were not taught half of what we were.

Klar I think you would make friends with most you meet. Just something about your nature. I often thought if left in the woods alone your would make pets out of most of the critters there.

I have often thought the same Klar one day we will see USA and Canada all rolled into one. My thoughts for that are not very nice though as it would stem from greed on both parts and lack of fresh water to the south.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2008 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Canada vs USA
A Friend

USA Canada

That is very sad to hear Quasar.

Nah, good character builder in a bad sort of way? Keep your population stupid and uneducated and it is easier to control.

USA and Canada all rolled into one. My thoughts for that are not very nice though as it would stem from greed on both parts and lack of fresh water to the south.

They are really pushing for that, but I don't like the Idea of that either. Having sperate countries is kind of a way of checks and balances.

It isn't the unification that bothers me as much as the "under who" that bothers me. I think we should be separate. It would just give a central leadership way to much power.

20th Nov, 2008 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

Canada vs USA

Yes with more raw resources and man power one leader could do great damage in a hurry. More players does give a better global balance as long as they are somewhat working toward a common goal. Which is occurring I think.

Far as the fresh water the states is tapping a lot of water from the great lakes as it is. Its effects are seen in Georgian bay with low water levels that have never been seen before despite huge amount of rain this year.

There was talk of destroying a local environmentally protect area in lake Ontario to justify tapping more water from this system. Things like that do little to build a nice fuzzy feeling with our southern neighbor. Just like the mad cow scare that killed so many farmers here a few years back.

Politicians on occasion over react to issues before the facts are in and it does little to help the over all perception on the neighboring country.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Nov, 2008 - 12:50am / Post ID: #

Canada USA - Page 3

I always though the joining would begin with Quebec voting out of Canada. With Quebec leaving, many Canadians I know were saying...what would be the point of Canada, if it happened.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2008 - 4:15am / Post ID: #

Canada vs USA
A Friend

Canada USA Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

Looks like our northern brothers are not to happy with us (US). That is the other way around I was talking about.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Canada vs USA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,