Fashionably Leave Food On Plate - Page 2 of 2

There are just too many hungry people around - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 12th Apr, 2016 - 12:06am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
13th Oct, 2007 - 3:21am / Post ID: #

Fashionably Leave Food On Plate - Page 2

JB:

Okay Geenie, if you did that at every meal (leave back some of your food) then would you begin to think next time that maybe you will not take as much so you do not leave back any?

Yes, most likely I may consider not to take so much food. But sometimes you just have to satisfy those worms JB.

If not, then why would you leave it back at every meal?

There are two main reasons why I would leave back food on my plate:

1) I am fearful that if I eat anymore, this would stretch my stomach so much that, I would be forced to eat the same quantities all the time. This may lead to obesity or a big fat potbelly.

2) If the food tasted awful, I would try to eat some of it and leave back the rest. In a restaurant, I will leave back all after taking the first bite and complain to the restaurant manager. But at a friend's or family's home, I use a more diplomatic approach. I will do my best to pretend that I am enjoying it and try to stack the food on the plate in such a way that, it may give the impression that I ate most of it.

Sponsored Links:
13th Oct, 2007 - 12:14pm / Post ID: #

Plate Food Leave Fashionably

Geenie:

I will do my best to pretend that I am enjoying it and try to stack the food on the plate in such a way that, it may give the impression that I ate most of it.

You are a Pro! *laughs*

If I am in a friend's house and I do not like the food, I try my best to eat it if I cannot, then I would leave a little bit. I also learned if I am offered something and I do not like how it looks, I politely refuse.

When I have people over, I try to make dishes I know people will like. I do not like to experiment when I have guests.

I think the main reason I leave food on the plate is because I feel I can eat all and then I realize I cannot. I always leave rice behind (I do not like rice) so I think is also the fact that I leave back food that I am not so crazy about. tongue.gif

13th Oct, 2007 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

Fashionably Leave Food On Plate Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

So far I think only DianeC sees what I am saying here and how unusual it is to see someone always leave food on their plate. Everyone else is saying why they do it, but do you realize that when you do it at every meal then it is 'fashion' or a 'comfort' or maybe even a habit?

15th Oct, 2007 - 8:14am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Plate Food Leave Fashionably

Both of my sisters and women that I dated before I got married, would always leave food on their plate on a date. My sisters actually would eat BEFORE a date so that they wouldn't feel hungry and eat a lot during the date. Apparently, eating a lot on a date is bad form (I was not hip enough to know that...and in their minds guys are into women that sustain themselves by taking all they need through air they breath). So they would order something and only eat part of it...FASHION.

Since I do most of the cooking and clearing of the table, it is my descretion as to what happens to that food, so I really don't have a problem with the whole issue on a family basis. Depending on the state of the left over food, it may end up as a leftover for future consumption or doggy food for a happy pooch. So just because you didn't eat it, doesn't mean you might not eat it on my famous "musgo night" where leftover in the refrigerator "must get eaten or thrown to the dog".

15th Oct, 2007 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Plate Food Leave Fashionably

Vincenzo that is a classic a lady eating before she goes out so she can look like a small eater, or not make her date feel bad if they order a large meal their man could not afford.

JB I have thought hard and I can not think of a single person who leaves food every time. Just the One who when eating out leaves food. I do believe you are right it is a habit that is formed. I think I know more who have the reverse habit of trying to clean their plate so as not to offend the cook.

I did work for a farmer where I would leave just some lettuce on my plate till they started to clear the table. The reason for this was if you emptied your plate she felt obligated to give you another plate full! The lady was fun to be with but liked watching her men eat far to much! Thank goodness I was 14 at the time!

12th Apr, 2016 - 12:06am / Post ID: #

Fashionably Leave Food On Plate

There are just too many hungry people around the world and right here at home to be leaving food on your plate just as a fashion statement. This also goes along with food wastage and using food in fights.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Fashionably Leave Food On Plate

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,