Oprah Not Buying Into Jesus

Oprah Buying Jesus - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 14th Dec, 2008 - 10:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Video
Post Date: 16th Apr, 2008 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

What are your thoughts about this snippet from oprah?

Sponsored Links:
16th Apr, 2008 - 5:56am / Post ID: #

Jesus Buying Oprah

Not being a huge Oprah fan, I watched this and was just waiting for her to say that Jesus was a fraud. However, she didnt and she played the part of a talk show hostess that was trying to elict discussion for multiple perspectives on how one reaches their salvation...whatever that means to them. She didnt say that she didnt believe in Jesus. She mentioned that others thought that there were more than one way to get to the end (whatever that is for the various groups) and that the end might actually be the same. I saw nothing wrong with her question and she was doing a good job of engaging the audience.

Post Date: 16th Apr, 2008 - 2:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Oprah Not Buying Into Jesus Revealed Bible The

What I got out of that is there is only two paths to follow. Granted to us looking there may a mulitude of paths but they all lead one way or the other. One leads towards the light the other towards darkness. I beleive that this is correct. We are either leading a good life or we are leading a life of lies. Which ever path we are headed down it says a lot about who we are. I fully believe that wit hthe right words you can turn a person heading the wrong way around so they are headed in the right direction. Jesus told us that he is the way and that one can only get to the father by going through him. A person can be headed in the right direction and they can find their god through their religon and make it to the promised land. For me personnaly I am going to heaven by the means of jesus our lord.

16th Apr, 2008 - 10:58pm / Post ID: #

Jesus Buying Oprah

The more you get wrapped up in highlight the further you get from the truth. Jesus is the only way, the several paths idea is devil doctrine made to look as though you don't need Jesus to get to heaven.

14th Dec, 2008 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #

Jesus Buying Oprah

This highlights how people struggle with what is right and what is not, and how "intellectualizing" religion can defeat it. Oprah is brilliant, but she has yet to find her spiritual "home."

If you know anything about Oprah, you know that she reads everything she can get her hands on. In many ways this is a wonderful thing, but I think in one important way it actually defeats her purpose: too many differing opinions can leave one confused if one has yet to define themselves spiritually.

Oprah is a journalist, trained to look at different perspectives and opposing viewpoints with neutrality. In my opinion, she has taken this to an extreme, and cannot seem to find her own personal viewpoint on this particular topic. She has based her life on love and giving, which are wonderful things and she has done amazing acts of kindness and charity; however, she has yet to find her path.

> TOPIC: Oprah Not Buying Into Jesus

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,