Bishop Anstey High School

Bishop Anstey High School - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 18th Sep, 2009 - 12:07am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2008 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

This Thread has been started for comments, reviews, teachers or alumni of Bishop Anstey High School, Trinidad.

Sponsored Links:
23rd Apr, 2008 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

School High Anstey Bishop

An excellent school! Very good teachers and high discipline is maintained at all times. Only one minor drawback; a friend of mine was trying to register her daughter in this school and this is what she was [allegedly] told:

"If your daughter is a Catholic, don't even bother to register her at this school! This is an Anglican school!"

Post Date: 28th May, 2008 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

Bishop Anstey High School Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: JLC

Comments:

If your daughter is a Catholic, don't even bother to register her at this school! This is an Anglican school!"

I just came across this website and this comment about Bishop Anstey High Scholl. As an alumni (1980s), if this comment is true, then it is indeed a sad state of affairs. It has been some time since I left Trinidad but at that time, you could only gain entry into BAHS as part of the 11-Plus or Common Entrance Exam. Also at that time, any girl of any religion could enter based on her performance at the exams. My sister and I were both baptised Catholic and we attended BAHS. I had classmates and there were girls in the years before me and after me that were Hindu and every religion under the sun. The one thing I recalled where 'religion' came into play was when we had the various church services. Everyone was expected to attend. You did not have to take communion or cross yourself etc etc. Therefore, if the above comment is true, it is indeed a sad state of affairs.

Source 1: Personal experience

Post Date: 4th Sep, 2008 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #

Name: Natasha

Comments: I cannot help but dispute the account that I have just read. I am Catholic and I attended Bishop Anstey High School from the early to late 90's. Religion was never an issue, when I selected the school as my first choice I was well aware that it was an Anglican School and this never made a difference.

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2009 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

Name: Confused

Comments: I both attended and taught at this school, and I keep in touch with many of the staff members, and I have never heard any such comment or sentiment. Bishops has girls and teachers of every religion, race and background under the sun, and I'm quite sure that being Catholic is not an issue.

6th Aug, 2009 - 12:44am / Post ID: #

To all the JoePublics, I regret to inform all of you that times have changed in Trinidad. When I did Common Entrance, it was never an issue what religion a student was. The school would normally accept the student regardless of the religion. But nowadays, I have been hearing people complaining about their child being rejected because of their religion. Initially, I thought it had something to do with if the student wrote the school down as a second choice and the school was considered a first choice school but upon my own investigations, I learnt that this was not the case. Someone told me that apparently, one Catholic school (I will not call the name) began to reject students who were Anglican and when other Anglican schools heard about this, they followed suit. But whatever the reason, I think it is ridiculous. I also understand that the argument is, why would you register your child for a Catholic school if she is an Anglican? My answer is simple, "because the Catholic school is considered a good one!"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2009 - 1:09am / Post ID: #

Name: Sinead

Comments: I currently attend Bishops (upper 6). I am an anglican but I am sad to hear about the whole "no-Catholics' thing. BAHS is known to be so open to every creed and race. There are presently a number of Rastafarians, Hindus, Muslims, a vast amount of Catholics and Anglicans among other religions. This is so sad to hear. however I must say that my past 6 years at this school have been the best, with great intellectual capacity, as well as extra-curricular opportunities.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

18th Sep, 2009 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

Bishop Anstey High School Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

I think it is like everything else in life sometimes we get good sometimes you get bad it all depends on the timing but so far I've heard nothing but great things about Bishop Anstey high school.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Bishop Anstey High School

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,