What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For? - Page 6 of 6

I look for both narrative and combat in my - Page 6 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 12th Jan, 2017 - 11:38pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 5 42 99 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

+  « First of 6 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 
  What Kind RPG Experience Looking For
Post Date: 6th Jan, 2016 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

Member Junior
[?] CPosts: 18
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 1.1%
[+] Gain: 22.85 FP
Charm: 3

What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For? - Page 6

I have been known to try new stuff now and again but I mainly tend to experiment within a rule set I already know. Mastering the rules of one game gives you a more enjoyable feel than if you know just a bit of everything and remain guessing if you're playing it correctly.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Jan, 2016 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 115
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 6.5%
[+] Gain: 104.82 FP
Charm: 13

For You Experience RPG Kind What

I've a different feeling. I prefer to learn and experiment with a large number of different games and systems. I enjoy seeing how different game mechanics change the emerging story. Sure, I can make mistakes, but that's just part of the learning process.

By then, rigorous adherence to the rules and system mastery has never been one of my primary gaming concerns.

Please don't think the rules don't matter. I think a game's rules matter a great deal, and I try my best to do justice to the difference rule sets. I just don't sweat the occasional mistake, or tweaking the rules to make the gaming experience more entertaining for my friends.

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2016 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

Premium Editor
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 773
Avg: 0.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 15.8%
[+] Gain: 4,521.70 FP
Charm: 28

What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For? Reviews RPG & Card Board

I see the game the same way. Rules bring a general order but they shouldn't be a means to stiffle healthy roleplay. A character that does something routine for his class should just be able to do it without worrying about dice rolls each time.

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2016 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

Member Senior
[?] CPosts: 124
Avg: 0.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 23.2%
[+] Gain: 429.87 FP
Charm: 11

Page 6 For You Experience RPG Kind What

What kind of Role-playing Game experience am I looking for you bravely ask… I am looking for a reason for my character's existence. A good way to know if there is a reason for your character being in a game; just imagine if your character wasn't there, would there be anything lost or as if your character wasn't there in the first place.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 11:38pm / Post ID: #

Premium + Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 715
Avg: 7.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 409.75 FP
Charm: 90

For You Experience RPG Kind What

I look for both narrative and combat in my games. I like chances to develop my characters and tell a story with other players. I don't wish for combat to be the end all but I like for it to be in there. I guess the best way to put it is I like games that help bring mine and the other player's characters to life. Not a game where they just stay numbers on a paper.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 12th Jan, 2017 - 11:39pm

Guest please SHARE: "What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For?" on:

+  « First of 6 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 
Sponsored Links:

If you have input into "What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For?" do not be shy, give your input
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
, please check your grammar before submitting. ?

Enable Smilies  Enable Signature

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For?

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2017
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

RPG Info

Latest Game Topics

Highlights

Justice League: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By KNtoran 15th May, 2017 - 7:21pm
Embedded Dice Support: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By JB 11th Apr, 2017 - 9:59pm
Text RPG Creator's Gems: Gems enable your Character to have special powers or enhancements. By JB 29th Mar, 2017 - 10:44pm
Kung Fu Yoga: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Factual 28th Mar, 2017 - 10:44am
RPG Newsletters: This is a copy of the RPG Newsletters sent to your Email address. By JB 20th Mar, 2017 - 2:12pm
Don't Break A New Player's Enthusiasm: Make sure to welcome those brand new Players wanting to get their Character created. By KNtoran 16th Mar, 2017 - 10:59pm
Romance In Role-playing Games: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By daishain 13th Feb, 2017 - 6:22pm
Using Alignment In Role-Playing Games: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Txtrpg 27th Nov, 2016 - 2:26pm
Dependable Game Master / Dungeon Master: The root of the game is the Game Master. While Players contribute it is the GM that decides how it all pans out. By Txtrpg 31st Jan, 2016 - 2:34pm
RPG Marching Order: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By RPG Expert 9th Jul, 2015 - 5:47pm