What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For? - Page 6 of 7

If a Dungeon Master was willing to put a dragon - Page 6 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 10th Sep, 2017 - 12:07am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 7 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 
  What Kind RPG Experience Looking For
6th Jan, 2016 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For? - Page 6

I have been known to try new stuff now and again but I mainly tend to experiment within a rule set I already know. Mastering the rules of one game gives you a more enjoyable feel than if you know just a bit of everything and remain guessing if you're playing it correctly.

Sponsored Links:
6th Jan, 2016 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

For You Experience RPG Kind What

I've a different feeling. I prefer to learn and experiment with a large number of different games and systems. I enjoy seeing how different game mechanics change the emerging story. Sure, I can make mistakes, but that's just part of the learning process.

By then, rigorous adherence to the rules and system mastery has never been one of my primary gaming concerns.

Please don't think the rules don't matter. I think a game's rules matter a great deal, and I try my best to do justice to the difference rule sets. I just don't sweat the occasional mistake, or tweaking the rules to make the gaming experience more entertaining for my friends.

6th Jan, 2016 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For? Reviews RPG & Card Board

I see the game the same way. Rules bring a general order but they shouldn't be a means to stiffle healthy roleplay. A character that does something routine for his class should just be able to do it without worrying about dice rolls each time.

1st Jun, 2016 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 For You Experience RPG Kind What

What kind of Role-playing Game experience am I looking for you bravely ask… I am looking for a reason for my character's existence. A good way to know if there is a reason for your character being in a game; just imagine if your character wasn't there, would there be anything lost or as if your character wasn't there in the first place.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 11:38pm / Post ID: #

What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For?
A Friend

For You Experience RPG Kind What

I look for both narrative and combat in my games. I like chances to develop my characters and tell a story with other players. I don't wish for combat to be the end all but I like for it to be in there. I guess the best way to put it is I like games that help bring mine and the other player's characters to life. Not a game where they just stay numbers on a paper.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 12th Jan, 2017 - 11:39pm

14th Jul, 2017 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

A game with mystery, puzzles but most of all intelligent players that see the bigger picture is so important. The worst is to play a game with a group of big people that thinks like toddlers.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What Kind RPG Experience You For - Page 6

I like a challenging campaign that isn't also murderous of characters. Don't get me wrong, if characters make bad decisions they should die, but I've been in campaigns where the Dungeon Master would kill a character just because the dice said your first level character just met an ancient red dragon. That isn't challenging. I also like the social aspect of it. The give and take between the gamers themselves and the give and take between characters. I'm not at all about a simple hack and slash campaign. Okay, occasionally for fun but for the long term I like campaigns where there is genuine interaction between characters.

10th Sep, 2017 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

What Kind RPG Experience You For Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 6

If a Dungeon Master was willing to put a dragon against a first level character then that Dungeon Master isn't really interested in being a Dungeon Master.

+  « First of 7 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: What Kind Of RPG Experience Are You Looking For?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,