Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 268 of 1199

Out of Character: The mage was being flashy - Page 268 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 24th May, 2017 - 8:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 24th May, 2017 - 4:56am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 268

Onwen takes up position as he prepares to cast his own sleep spell.

Out of Character: Velon, looks like you mixed up your dice settings. The first column of pull down buttons sets the starting number for each die, the last column sets how many dice are rolled. Instead of rolling 2 d20s for your attack, you rolled one d20, and told the system that it couldn't roll a 1.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 24th May, 2017 - 5:02am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th May, 2017 - 6:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia smiles as she sees the guards. Hearing Poljen prepare she knows it is time to prepare as well. She prays to Sune asking her to guide their weapons. Lia casts bless on Fay, Mari and herself. She opens her eyes and glances at Mari. " Time for your vengeance begins now. "

Lia draws back her bow and targets one that is further away from her allies. She releases the arrow with a prayer.
Mari draws her short swords and races towards the enemy. She will strike a foe that is within 5 feet of one of her allies.

Specific Action: Lia cast bless before they attack. Her bow attack will be her action in the first round of combat. Mari will strike with both weapons using her bonus action. If she is unable to reach a suitable target with her normal move then she will use her bonus action to dash instead of the attack from the off hand weapon.

Out of Character: : Daishain, I'm not sure if I was too specific with the actions of Mari. If I'm supposed to just give a general action for her and you work out the details of how she attacks exactly, then please let me know.
Fay, don't forget the D4 bonus for 10 turns.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 24th May, 2017 - 6:35am

Post Date: 24th May, 2017 - 11:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of character: Sorry for the mistake. I'm rerolling everything, hopefully correctly this time. Now I just need the minimum text… wink.gif.

Post Date: 24th May, 2017 - 12:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 268 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol smiles as he grips his staff tighter. Once they all are ready he heads in moving at his greater speed to attack. He will hit the closest guard with everything he has.

Out of Character: Using a ki point for extra attacks movement is 40 Staff and unarmed attacks are both d6 now makes easier *smile* Added in the +1 for bless.

24th May, 2017 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Geoffroy had kept quiet during the discussions, of which he was uncertain about that he should have done. Yet once the decision was made and they made their way out to take into action their strategy, he tells Elyria to play it safe and wait for the rest to take action.

Once everyone begin to attack, so would the cleric follow in such. Geoffroy calling upon his god as to empower his as a prayer came from his lips with the Sacred Flame appear in hand before leaving to hit the enemy. "May Lathander guide my hand," he says softly.

Specific Action: I will post the actions of Geoffroy, starting for Sacred Flame for two rounds, but leave it to the Dungeon Master to decide what Elyria does apart from withholding her actions for the others. In large part, because I don't know how she has been stated and he may know better on what she can do if anything.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 24th May, 2017 - 5:21pm

Zarra Glannath Results:
  • Initiative (Geoffroy) on D20 (+0): 14 (1 roll)
  • Attack (Sacred Flame) on D20 (+0): 14, 6 (2 rolls)
  • Damage (Spell) on D8 (+0): 7, 7, 1, 7 (4 rolls)

Post Date: 24th May, 2017 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Round One

Elyria completes buffing the group by casting bless on herself, Onwen, and Geoffroy.

The group goes charging down the hall, led by Poljen and Cratol. The men are starting to stand up from the table when Onwen and Fay both cast sleeping spells, causing five to simply drop back in place.

Cratol catches the first drake to approach with a pair of blows that cause it to stumble back, looking a little stunned. Lia and Tallis both shoot it, bringing it to the ground with a groan. Geoffroy and Mira run closer, Radiant flame from the cleric dances over another drake, and an arrow from Mira's shortbow finishes it off.

A drake bites Cratol hard on the leg, and someone hurls a javelin at Geoffroy, catching him in the arm. Another javelin badly missed Poljen and instead buries itself in a drake

Another drake falls as Poljen moves closer, striking it with two harsh blows. Velon runs in, prepared to engage with this enemy at last, but is a bit slower than the barbarian and monk racing ahead.

One of the men at the table whips out a wand and casts something at the approaching hostiles. A cloud of noxious yellow gas blooms, swiftly filling much of the tunnel, and enclosing most of the party. About to fire her crossbow from behind the rest, Elyria lowers it with frustration, her targets are completely obscured.

Out of Character: Cratol took 7 damage there, Geoffroy 4

3 drakes still standing, along with 8 humanoids, at least one of whom seems to be a mage.

Only Poljen and Cratol had the speed required to melee attack this round. All others will be able to finish closing in during round 2.

Velon, Mira, Geoffroy, Tallis, Bubbles, Fay, Poljen, and Cratol are enveloped by the Stinking Cloud and need to make a Constitution save at the start of each turn they start in said cloud. Failure means they waste their action for that turn coughing and retching (This doesn't prevent you from moving out of the cloud however). Don't forget that the d4 from the Bless spells apply to saves as well.

The cloud is also making ranged attacks difficult for people on the far side. Under the circumstances, roll any targeted attacks with disadvantage, if it is a miss, there will be a chance determined by me that you hit an ally instead.

Cratol, for future reference, 5E's version of the bless spell adds 1d4 to the attack, not a simple +1 (In exchange it affects far fewer targets), I went ahead and added that in for you when I corrected the damage rolls.

Geoffroy, for future reference, you roll nothing other than damage for Sacred flame. Your target makes a dexterity save to avoid the effect.

Initiative order: Cratol, Lia, Tallis, Geoffroy, Mira, Fay, Onwen, Poljen, Velon, Elyria.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 24th May, 2017 - 8:38pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th May, 2017 - 8:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 268

Out of character: I'd like to roll Perception to see if Velon noticed which enemy cast the Cloud, and if in any way he noticed the rough dimensions of the cloud as it bloomed before completely enveloping him. Mostly I'd just want to know if Velon thinks there may be clear space beyond the cloud depending on the length of the hall, etc. If he were to just continue to blindly charge ahead.

I'll roll my save while I'm here to further aid in preparing for the next round.

Post Date: 24th May, 2017 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 268

Out of Character: The mage was being flashy enough that you and others saw him all right.

As to the dimensions of the cloud, you weren't in the best of positions to judge. However, as you are learning this kind of thing for yourself, you would be more than shocked if it was large enough to cover the entire corridor.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.