Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 351 of 1199

Poppo had been walking about the streets of - Page 351 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 5th Jul, 2017 - 8:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 27th Jun, 2017 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 351

Out of Character: : Lia will look for a diamond or two worth 300 gold pieces for her revivify spell. She will also seek out a pair of platinum rings worth at least 50 gold pieces each.
With Mari making level 3 Daishain, what did you say her archetype will be? Just trying to be aware of her capabilities.

Edit: One other thing Daishain. For some reason I didn't pick sacred flame as a cantrip for Lia. Without it she has no damage dealing cantrips. The rules don't mention about changing out cantrips. Is it possible to change one of her existing cantrips out for it?

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Jun, 2017 - 2:36am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Jun, 2017 - 2:43am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of Character: Fay can obtain the dragon tooth necklaces quite easily.

The bird lady did indeed survive, and very much appreciates the gift. When he looks, Poljen finds that a trained hawk or falcon would cost him 200 gp. There is also an eagle being sold for 400 gp that has been trained to attack humanoid targets on command.

When Lia goes asking around about Revivify worthy diamonds, Rector Falconmoon simply gives one to her, it belonged to the temple, and had been among the loot taken by the cultists and recovered by the party. The rings can be commissioned easily enough, and a larger town would likely have some on hand. As to Mari, based on your initial description, I had been planning Thief. I'm no longer quite as certain of that based on her growth, so feel free to chime in with your take. In regards to Sacred Flame, yes, I'll let you swap out under the circumstances.

As for other items, such as the scimitars for Fay, you will have time to reach and browse some of the largest markets in the world. If it is an official item and in your price range, you can assume that you have a chance to purchase it.

5E's item list is rather anemic however. All of you can feel free to peruse both magic and mundane equipment from 3.5e/pathfinder. Nothing gets imported from those sources without my thumbs up, and most of it will require editing to fit 5E's system, but I want you to feel free to ask. (Note, one of the needed changes is that 5E stuff tends to be less expensive than its 3.5E counterpart, so don't get too dismayed by pricing right off.)

In regards to the loot with which you can make these purchases, give me a bit, I need to go through the logs and make sure I am not shorting anyone.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 27th Jun, 2017 - 2:44am

Post Date: 27th Jun, 2017 - 3:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Velon has a few short term goals, mostly pertaining to managing his weapons, armor, and items.

-Velon would like a strong necklace made, likely with a heavy chain not easily broken, to hold his silence stone. (By the way, I'm assuming he got this back after the caravan evening without conflict, otherwise we should probably roll play the epic clash of Poljen and Velon. (Laugh)) It would likely be something a regular blacksmith or jeweler could make as it is very simple. His design idea is such that the stone would be in a tapered, oval encasement such that it would always lay flat on one side or the other. On each of these sides the stone would be exposed, only being held in around the edges. It would thus be guaranteed to touch his skin if he tucked it under his shirt, activating the silence. The rest of the time he'd wear it outside of his shirt but beneath his armor. The ultimate goal is to just keep it safe via the chain and his armor, but have it be easy to activate or deactivate. Sound ok Daishain?

-Velon would also like to upgrade to full plate armor via trading in the set of Cyanwrath's armor. I am thinking this would either be by having the found armor modified for him, OR since it was described as being ornate and perhaps valuable as is, selling that armor to a smith for repair and resale and then having that smith make him a custom set. (Why undo the work of ornate features, after all.) Let's start with whichever makes the most sense with regard to coin, and talk more from there. Velon has ideas of ultimately having a set that properly represents him and Bahamut, with specific colors and symbols in mind.

-Otherwise Velon would have interest in shopping for other magical aids. I'll do some research and then just ask you Daishain.

Story wise, Velon would be very happy to continue to bond with all members of the Blaze as well as Fay and other members of the party. Are we talking about what we'd do over the course of a week or so and probably all sticking together, or over 6 months or so and potentially doing our own thing?

Post Date: 27th Jun, 2017 - 3:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 351 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

End of Chapter Two

Following the attack on Greenest, the party returns to Baldur's Gate along with the wounded harper agent Leosin to report to Mr Creel. You learn that "The Stoat" is the alias of a known criminal, a middleman who has built a reputation on handling stolen goods for others discretely and without asking questions. He apparently however went to ground recently, it is probable he caught wind that his name was mentioned in connection to recent events. He will be hard to find, and without him or his lackeys to question, there is no hint on where the valuables from Greenest were ultimately bound.

Nations across the world have been informed of Wyrmspeaker Galvan's plot, and the creches are now being actively hunted down now that people know what to look for. It is only a few weeks before word is received that one has been found and destroyed within the borders of Chondath. Within a few months, a total of fifteen creches have been found and dealt with, and no sign of additional raiding groups are being found. People will remain vigilant however.

Not all nations were as merciful regarding the half dragon progeny as the Blaze had been, simply destroying the eggs and children found. Enough survived however that the nations of Faerun are looking at raising a total of more than three thousand of these hybrids. The country of Rashemen chose to keep those found within its borders, to be raised by the witches that are the true power of that land. After much discussion, it is decided to divide the remaining. Many are handed off to the council of metallic dragons, who have decided to give the offspring of their dark kin a chance. The rest go to the nation of Impiltur, found just north of the Sea of Fallen stars, famously defended by a legion of paladins with bronze dragon mounts. The kobold matron, Darsi, ends up leaving with the latter group, to advise on the care of the young ones.

Time passes, and what further word is received on the cult is not particularly useful in regards to tracking down the rest. It seems they have covered their tracks well. In the meantime, the party finds themselves without any leads, and there are rumors of roaming bands of ogres causing havoc to the northeast…

Out of Character: there will be a six month gap in between now and when something else comes up for the main story. I will be posting the beginning of Chapter Three in 2-3 days of real time. You will have reason to continue working and fighting together in the meantime for those who wish to do so. I suggest that people flesh out what they'd have done during this time in general terms, we can go into further detail in the side stories thread if it is called for.

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2017 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol will get up the next day and make arrangements for travel to the Cormyr and the city of Arabel. He will allow anyone who wishes to travel with him they desire. He does not ride a horse and he will place the handcart he acquired into storage until he gets back.

Post Date: 5th Jul, 2017 - 4:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Cratol will send word to Bauder gate that he has secured a place they can use as a base of operations if they so would like to use it. He tells them it is his family keep that he has liberated from a invasion of Orcs. It is in Redcliffe in the country of Cormyr. He will be here until they are ready to meet back up.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Jul, 2017 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 351

Oswald sits down infront of the group of Harpers. He places his hands upon the table, smiles, and says; "I'm honored to be asked to this meeting. You said you needed me to help out a group? I appreciate that you thought of me, I have always viewed the Harpers in good light."

"So, what do I need to know before I meet the group and what kind of aid do they need?"

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 5th Jul, 2017 - 8:02pm

Post Date: 5th Jul, 2017 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 351

Poppo had been walking about the streets of Baldur's Gate for most of the morning, having just arrived with a merchant caravan. Taking his meagre pay for the trip, he made is way through a street market looking for some delicious baked goods to fill his belly after eating nothing but rations the past few days. Spying a cart selling fresh rolls as well as berry jam he quickly bartered for a dozen and a small pot of the jam which he liberally slathered onto the rolls and he ate and continued on his way. His curly brown hair had gotten a bit longer while he had been out on the road and he thought to himself that he should probably get a proper trim and shave while he absent-mindedly blew a wayward curl from out of his green eyes. The street was busy and many big folks didn't look out for halflings when they walked about so he was forced to bob and weave his way through the traffic trying not to drop his food or get his sticky fingers on anyone.

Licking his fingers clean as he stumbled free of the crowded street, he looked at the sign before him for the Elfsong Tavern. "This is where they are supposed to be," he thought to himself and he pulled his patchwork cloak around him to stave off a sudden chill in the air. "Hopefully they are looking for some recruits," he thought as he pulled open the door and stepped inside. Once inside, he closed the door and allowed his eyes to take in the room and any people who might be there looking for someone who might fit the description of a member of the Silver Blaze. Not that he knew what they looked like but he imagined that such heroes would be rather self-evident.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.