Building A Character Around Yourself

Building Character Yourself - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 13th Apr, 2017 - 9:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (9) »
13th Apr, 2017 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

Here is a new topic up for some debate. What about creating a character that surrounds yourself? I mean making you the character so they have all the same attributes. Would that be an interesting play!?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Apr, 2017 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yourself Character Building

Back in the early 1980 my Dungeons & Dragons buddies and myself made characters of ourselves. The six ability scores were given to you by your friends so you could not roll or pick them. The rest of who you were was picked by you and thus we played ourselves in a AD&D game. It was quite fun. I still have that character but he does not look anything like he did from back then *smile*.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2017 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Building A Character Around Yourself Reviews RPG & Card Board

KN,

That was great. I've never done this myself but it sounds very interesting. That said, I think many, if not most, of my characters have some few of my attributes and traits built into them. In fact, I can think of only one that had zero resemblance.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2017 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Well, there are two problems with such a game.

One is simply judging where one is in regards to ability scores, any noted attributes are liable to be exaggerated one way or another.

The second is simply a matter of scale compared to our usual characters. Characters we usually go for are often rocking 16-18 in at least one attribute from the start. That is often considered par for the course. But on a human scale, that is quite extraordinary. Genius level intellect and professional athlete level strength, etc. A game where nearly everyone is in the 8-12 range for their attributes, which is rather likely with honest appraisals, is a bit lackluster.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2017 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

You would be surprised what one can do with a average character to less than average character. But if your friends could give you a number of what you are like then it can be done without someone over exaggerating your abilities.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2017 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Okay, now this is a challenge. I used this as a base: Dungeons & Dragons Stats in Simple Language

Here are Ninja's self assessed scores:
Strength: 14 - I guessed this using what I know I can carry form my Army days
INT: 14 - My guess due to the math and puzzle thing
Wisdom: 10 - And I may be high here
Dexterity: 16 - I'm judging this again by some things that happened to me in my Army days
CON: 12 - I'm reasonably healthy and I've received a few 'hits' and kept going
Charisma: 13 - I think I'm mildly interesting… but ya'll may drop me by five or more points on this!

EDIT: That said, this scale I used may be off.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 13th Apr, 2017 - 8:41pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Apr, 2017 - 9:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Building Character Yourself

If you have taken a few hits and kept on going your constitution score should be a bit higher maybe a 13 or 14 *smile*.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2017 - 9:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Building Character Yourself Board Card & RPG Reviews

This could be a fun game, provided nobody playing took it too seriously. I've played characters with disadvantages before and it can make the game highly entertaining (But usually only if the players choose to enjoy those disadvantages).

If I made myself a character, using the link Ninja put, the stats would probably be:

Strength - 8 (I have a fused spine that keeps me from lifting really heavy objects - strength could probably be lower).
Dexterity - 12
Con - 8
Int - 13
Wisdom - 16
Charisma - 14

I could be overestimating. It is a little difficult to determine stats for yourself; it is probably human nature to an extent to assume we are capable of more than we actually are.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Building A Character Around Yourself

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,