3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 40 of 616

Den needs to roll a ride check taking a new - Page 40 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 30th Apr, 2017 - 8:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 616 pgs.  36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 30th Apr, 2017 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 40

I bite into the fruit. It is wonderful. I have some fresh bread and eggs to go with it for protein. " Mmm. Not bad. Now I need an energy drink to be ready to go. "

As we walk along the course I count my paces out. " Ghost, what are you up to? " After pacing it both directions I call out " Den, 75 is my count. "

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 30th Apr, 2017 - 5:44pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Apr, 2017 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I look at Jason, "Don't call me sir, I'm not an officer, I work for a living." I smile. "Okay, now if we need to know how far we've gone we can use our pace count." Next, I show them how to climb a rope using the knots and then I show them how to climb a rope without knots by wrapping their feet. "Remember, try to use your legs as much as possible. Wrap or use the knots, and then stand. Only use your arms to hold you in place unless you have to use your arms." We climb the ropes with the knots five or six times, then we move to the other rope. I move them to the rope without the knots. When one of them gets stuck, I show them the technique for a buddy rope carry. "See, it isn't difficult, it just takes a bit of practice." Lastly, I climb the rope without the knots with my bow, I wrap the rope tightly around my legs, use my upper arms to steady myself on the rope, and then draw back and make a shot with the bow. "This is from sniper training. Not the best way to do things, but sometimes you don't have a choice. I'm just showing that this is possible… with training."

When we finish with that I take them to the river again and we practice moving stealthily. Then I explain how to move dispersed in such a way that one lightning bolt or fireball won't take all three of us out. Ghost seems not be interested at all about what I'm teaching. I show them an assortment of hand and arm signals, halt, get down, enemy in sight, move this way, move that way, what is the pace count, and rally point. At the river as we take some water and let our upper bodies rest from the burn, I explain, "Rally points are important in case we get separated, whether by accident or by plan. At that point, we all meet back at the last rally point."

Once the break is over we go back and run the tangle foot. "Feet up, knees up, feet up, knees up. Keep your heads up too, trust your feet to know where they need to go. Use your peripheral vision. Good job Rachel. Jason, it's okay… get up and try again. Took me a long time to get this too. Women seem to be better at it… and they tend to have better peripheral vision than men. Ya'll didn't know that did ya? This is because men mostly hunted and hence our eyes are closer together allowing better depth perception but poorer peripheral vision. Peripheral vision is required for defense, to sense motion in a wider field of view, and that's what women did as they protected hearth and home. More fun minutiae from my Army career."

At around 1300 I call a halt to our training and ask if everyone is ready to head back.

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2017 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"I think I'm ready to be done with this for today. But perhaps instead of retiring in earnest, we should go collect the horses and start working with them?"

"Against the odds, it seems we all have some experience with riding. But it was brief and casual sessions in my case at least. The first time I set foot in that stirrup shouldn't be when we're heading out for a mission."

"We uh, also probably should start getting them used to being around Ghost."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 30th Apr, 2017 - 7:13pm

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2017 - 7:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 40 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

"Certainly. We can do that. I thought to work the horse in a day or two but let's today and start slowly. That gives us more time to learn our mounts. It's been a while for me too. I think this is where our Texas/Colorado girl is going to shine."

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2017 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Most of the training Ghost just hangs out by Rachel. He does not get far from her. He will even sit and watch as she climbs a rope. When looking at him is is almost as he is laughing at Rachel.

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2017 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Presently, I found myself before the horse the other two had picked out for me. Not quite the size of a clydesdale, the big gelding looked strong and steady. Good, the quarterhorses my mother favored were never quite happy carrying me about.

Gently blowing into his nostrils, I greet my soon to be partner with a few gentle rubs and a carrot, or whatever other treat I could find on the way here.

Then I set about putting on the tack, and adjusting it to fit both him and me. "I'm going to need to think of a good name for you soon enough. Let us get to know each other first though."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Apr, 2017 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 40

I meet my horse too. She has a beautiful chestnut coloring to her with a white burst on her forehead. "That looks like a shooting star" I think to myself. "Star, yes, that is her name." I adjust her tack, making sure the saddle, stirrups, bridle, halter, reins, and bit are all set up correctly for me. I mount her and I bring her round a few times before cantering up to Rachel and Jason, "I would like to present to you Star" I say, introducing her to my friends.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 30th Apr, 2017 - 8:48pm

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2017 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 40

Den needs to roll a ride check taking a new horse towards a dire wolf that is not very much smaller than the horse itself *smile*.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.