Modern vs Retro Video Games

Modern Retro Video Games - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 30th May, 2017 - 4:46am

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 2 67 197 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

Post Date: 16th Apr, 2017 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

Name: Top

Comments: Who is with me… no matter the best of graphics that modern games come out with year after year they seem to be missing something that retro games have… its just not the same but I don't know what it is I just have this feeling. Anyone feel the same way like I do?
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Apr, 2017 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

Premium Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 785
Avg: 13.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 1,266.63 FP
Charm: 68

Games Video Retro Modern

There is some of that, certain older games somehow still manage to beat out their successors.

But I wouldn't say that modern games don't have their gems. I think to claim either category is inherently better would be to let nostalgia or eye candy override one's judgement.

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2017 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 75
Avg: 1.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 32.2%
[+] Gain: 774.38 FP
Charm: 8

Modern vs Retro Video Games Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Retro games had a lot of the "Addictive" factors that modern games lack. For instance, take Asteroids. You could constantly lose, but the simple nature of it made you feel like you were making progress each time. Retro games were also more challenging a lot of times because it was more difficult to win, since save points were seldom a thing.

Personally, I prefer modern games. I'm spoiled in the fact that I grew up with the more modern graphics. In an Role-playing Game, I enjoy creating a character that looks like me. This is more of a personal preference, as it helps me immerse myself into the game more completely. That being said, a game does not NEED amazing graphics in order to be good. A modern game that has the "Retro-style" graphics is Stardew Valley. I have so many hours poured into this game. It is simple and very formulaic, but satisfying in a way I can't possibly explain.

Post Date: 30th May, 2017 - 4:46am / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 20
Avg: 1.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 55.4%
[+] Gain: 12.26 FP
Charm: 2

Games Video Retro Modern

In my personal opinion, I feel that both are equal and both deserves their spotlight. I love the older Legend of Dragoon on the first PlayStation console. I also love many of the newer games. Heck I am a fan of the old Pin Ball game. A true gammer won't chose between. They will have fun with both.

Guest please SHARE: "Modern vs Retro Video Games" on:

Sponsored Links:

Do you have any Modern vs Retro Video Games Tips
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
, please check your grammar before submitting. ?

Enable Smilies  Enable Signature

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Modern vs Retro Video Games

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2017
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

Top 20 Posters

1. Abnninja - 52 (26.40%)
2. News - 51 (25.89%)
3. KNtoran - 42 (21.32%)
4. Daishain - 10 (5.08%)
5. Robertreaper - 8 (4.06%)
6. PaulNelson - 6 (3.05%)
7. Cinder - 5 (2.54%)
8. ChristianD - 4 (2.03%)
9. Thomaslee - 4 (2.03%)
10. AshDrunbar - 3 (1.52%)
Win 125 FP: If you are the Top Poster by 12am GMT (8pm Atlantic) then 125 FP will automatically be added to your account! Other Top Posters get 50 FP! To review or learn more about this feature See Details. To rant about Post count go here: Post Count Rants.
Auto Updated: Hourly.
Next check: 15 Hr(s). 59 Mins.
11. Kyrroeth - 3 (1.52%)
12. Brokenfang - 1 (0.51%)
13. Snackc - 1 (0.51%)
14. Trans - 1 (0.51%)
15. Hunter - 1 (0.51%)
16. Opinion - 1 (0.51%)
17. ICon - 1 (0.51%)
18. Aericsteele - 1 (0.51%)
19. JB - 1 (0.51%)
20. Informer - 1 (0.51%)

World Issues

USA vs North Korea:
North Korea Nuclear Weapons
versus USA This country is no Iraq. What is the USA going to do? What will be the outcome? By Abnninja 12 Hours Ago
USA vs Syria:
versus U.S.A. Is Syria the next Iraq? By News 1 Week Ago
Do You Know What To Do In A Nuclear Attack?:
Top  Do Know In Nuclear Attack By ChristianD 6th Jul, 2017 - 1:05am
Japan vs North Korea:
North Korea versus Japan versus War With Japan By investigator 4th Jul, 2017 - 10:29am
Russia vs. Syria:
Syria vs Russia By Abnninja 27th Jun, 2017 - 10:32pm
USA vs Germany:
Germany versus U.S.A. By Abnninja 18th Jun, 2017 - 1:08am
China vs USA:
USA versus China versus Chinese versus Americans The role of its Army, Politics, and Status in the World. By Abnninja 2nd Jun, 2017 - 10:12pm
North Korea vs South Korea:
versus North Korea Vs. South Korea By Abnninja 23rd May, 2017 - 8:52pm
North Korea Military:
Discuss  North Korea Military This Thread is about the North Korean Military itself - the kind of army, navy, and air force they have. By Abnninja 17th May, 2017 - 3:03pm
China Military:
China Military Technology Preparing For China. China is growing their military. China Military Technology - can it keep up with the US? By Abnninja 5th Mar, 2017 - 5:25pm
China Navy:
Chinese Aircraft Carrier
China Navy Beware the new Naval power, they are planning to come on stream with big naval might to match their ground forces. Chinese Aircraft Carrier - Chinese Navy By News 17th Dec, 2016 - 12:39am