A RPG Adventure Party With A Traitor

A Rpg Adventure Party Traitor - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 24th Apr, 2017 - 6:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian

+  1 2 
17th Apr, 2017 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

What about a party that starts off normal but then the Dungeon Master says that one of you is a traitor (He tells that player what he has to do) but no one knows who in the party it is… now that could be for some good role-play!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Apr, 2017 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Traitor With Party Adventure RPG A

Hmm, could make it hard to metagame, any odd behavior would be seized upon and analyzed, whether or not it would draw suspicion normally.

I'd be inclined to keep the traitor bit secret save for from the chosen one. Precautions would be made to ensure the betrayal is not taken personally.

For instance, on one occasion, I noted that a particular character was very much a mercenary, and asked if they'd be willing to act as a spy and agent for a third group unrelated to the main conflict. Had him reporting on various opportunities and occaisonally doing a task for them.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 17th Apr, 2017 - 6:15pm

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2017 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

A RPG Adventure Party With A Traitor Reviews RPG & Card Board

I have DMed a game where one of the players turned against the team. They did it in secret and no one in the party knew. He sabotaged a lot of their plans and they thought it was all bad luck until a major battle where one of the bigger guys faced that person and they both left the field together. The party was almost totally killed before they were able to break off and leave. They spent the next three campaigns trying to get to him and take him out for being a traitor. It was quite epic.

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2017 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

KN,

That sounds pretty great. I've never actually been in this situation, at least no to the degree of an actual traitor, and I was thinking how to respond to this when I read your response. Epic indeed. I was thinking the same as Daishain about how this would be hard to Dungeon Master, but it sounds like great fun for the players. Was it tough to Dungeon Master?

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2017 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

No it was not too tough at all. He would tell me via a note what he was doing as he acted like he was helping the party. It made some great role play on both sides. To see him purposely set off a trap onto the party members and then Say of crap I screwed that roll up big time. They never knew that he was doing things to weaken them before a big fight. HE was contacted at times during his watch at night by agents of people they were going against. In twon he met up with other agents to purposely but the others in harms way.

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2017 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

That's an interesting concept. It would definitely foster an environment of paranoia. I think it would be better just for the Dungeon Master and traitor player to know. It would be more natural that way and a great surprise. As Daishain mentioned, if everyone knew up front every little thing would be analyzed. You are on a roll with these topics Hunter!

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 17th Apr, 2017 - 7:57pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Apr, 2017 - 9:03pm / Post ID: #

A RPG Adventure Party With Traitor

That Dungeon Master privacy feature they have on here is a good facilitator of that and its one of the reasons I came up with it.

24th Apr, 2017 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

A RPG Adventure Party With Traitor Board Card & RPG Reviews

This is the same as having a party with someone playing chaotic evil although in this case we don't know who the traitor is which makes it more appealing.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: A RPG Adventure Party With A Traitor

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,