Polygamy: Forbidden Love

Polygamy Forbidden Love - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 15th Dec, 2013 - 1:00am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

TLC
Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2009 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

What is your review for "Forbidden Love: Polygamy", an investigation into the lives of Polygamist groups in the United States?

Sponsored Links:
2nd Feb, 2009 - 1:18am / Post ID: #

Love Forbidden Polygamy

I enjoyed watching it more especially because they did not use the radical FLDS views. I think it was an unbiased look at Polygamy. I found it interesting that questions such as how many boys and girls are in the home or what are the benefits to living in a polygamous home received stomped faces and sealed lips.

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2009 - 1:47am / Post ID: #

Polygamy: Forbidden Love Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Name: Cristina

Comments: I'm watching Forbidden Love: Polygamy as a "re-run" tonight, and I feel so sorry for the "wives" who, at least in comparison to the reporter who is visiting their home, look so plain,tired,worn-out,and as though they have no individualism what-so-ever... This is just a case of a man who is intimidated when tossed into a population of other men...therefore, he creates a sort of "sub-culture" where HE is the one and only male for miles...making him MUCH more appealing! The wives are women who know nothing else but to be followers....ugh...just a shame that these women are missing out on so much LIFE...and the men are being made to feel as though they are much more significant than they REALLY are!

1st Jan, 2009 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

Love Forbidden Polygamy

I had to look this up on Google to find out exactly what everyone is talking about. I have already seen some pieces of it.

I have personally corresponded with Moroni, the man who lives out in the desert with his wives. He chose that lifestyle after his family was subject to persecution in various ways. He is a very gentle man and well educated. His wives are also well educated.

He and his wives were disappointed in the way Dawn Porter edited and presented her two or three days with them. His wives were especially upset that Ms. Porter failed to include any of their comments about how happy they were with their lives.

The History Channel also did a segment on Moroni and his wives, at the same time. It sounds like that show was much more honest about their work.

Moroni has written quite a lot about his family's experience participating in this show on his blog. He has also been involved in some other, similar, situations.

So, while making your judgments (along with the condemnations I have already read here), you might want to see what the people involved actually had to say.

Source.

Post Date: 11th Jun, 2010 - 3:05am / Post ID: #

Love Forbidden Polygamy

Name: More!

Comments: Are they bring back Forbidden Love for a new season? I missed the show it was such a different look into a polygamous lifestyle.

21st Jun, 2010 - 4:28pm / Post ID: #

WOW. I am very happy and impressed with Nighthawk to actually contact Moroni in order to find out for him self. I wish this was done more often.
I have never heard of this show but will try to find it.
I know Moroni and his family very well. They are personal friends of mine and my family. Visited them many times. In fact he baptized my wife Barb.
Yes, you will see a totally different application of plural marriage then what you read in the newspapers or see on TV shows. All we are asking is to try to report the facts.
Thanks Nighthawk.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Jun, 2010 - 12:42am / Post ID: #

Polygamy Forbidden Love

international QUOTE (Robert9876)
All we are asking is to try to report the facts.

I have learned through experience that the facts can only be learned by being there and living among these people in such an environment as an observational investigator and not a participant. Polygamy: Forbidden Love shows something but it is what the producers wanted you to see. It is what the people being filmed want you to see.

15th Dec, 2013 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

Polygamy Forbidden Love Movies Music Fashion & Sports

The Browns had a partial victory today: Source 1 where a Federal judge overturned a Utah law against plural marriage.

> TOPIC: Polygamy: Forbidden Love

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,