Woman Allegedly Spanked Stranger's Toddler

- Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 21st Sep, 2009 - 12:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th Sep, 2009 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

Woman Allegedly Spanked Stranger's Toddler

A similar case like the old man who slapped a toddler at Walmart. Now it is a woman at a store who was annoyed about something the toddler said, took away the kid from the mother, placed the child on her knee and spanked him three times.

CINCINNATI  -  A woman took a stranger's toddler son over her knee and spanked him three times inside a store after he said something that annoyed her, police said Wednesday.

Gloria Ballard was arrested on an assault charge in the Tuesday incident. In a court appearance Wednesday, she asked for a public defender and a not guilty plea was entered for her. She was also ordered to stay away from 2-year-old Sean Goode and his mother, Donnay Jones.

Outside court, Ballard denied wrongdoing and said she gave the boy a hug and gently patted his backside because he was upset.

Jones said her son got spanked after Ballard told her she should make him behave.

"She was basically trying to tell me what to do with my son," Jones told WLWT-TV. She told Ballard she would handle her own business and son. Then, she said, Ballard took Sean from her and spanked him, causing him to cry.

"I was shocked," Jones told WCPO-TV on Wednesday.

Ballard, 43, faces a charge that carries a maximum sentence of six months in jail and a $1,000 fine. She said she is a mother and grandmother who was just trying to help.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
21st Sep, 2009 - 2:28am / Post ID: #

Toddler Strangers Spanked Allegedly Woman

I dont condone what Mrs. Ballard did, but I find that children today are so blatantly disrespectful. And the fact that Mrs. Jones retorted that she would control her own affairs and especially business regarding her son suggests that she cannot control the behavior of her son, and does not keep him in check at home or in public. What Mrs. Ballard did is probably what she did to discipline her own children. Personally I think there should be in place some kind of test to take before people can become legible parents.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

21st Sep, 2009 - 2:34am / Post ID: #

Woman Allegedly Spanked Stranger's Toddler History & Civil Business Politics

international QUOTE (lynette @ 20-Sep 09, 10:28 PM)
I dont condone what Mrs. Ballard did, but I find that children today are so blatantly disrespectful. And the fact that Mrs. Jones retorted that she would control her own affairs and especially business regarding her son suggests that she cannot control the behavior of her son, and does not keep him in check at home or in public.

You know, I used to think the way you do until God blessed me with a special needs child. I am pretty sure that when he was younger people would have thought exactly the same way you do if they saw him behaving in public. Since he had no physical abnormalities and looked exactly like an average kid, it is easy to assume a lot of things. Still the same way after 9 years but now I have an open mind. If I see a child misbehaving in public I wonder what is causing the child to behave the way they do and I DO wonder if some of them have special needs and most of all, I no longer judge parents because I know what some of them go through. Appearances are deceiving.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

21st Sep, 2009 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

Toddler Strangers Spanked Allegedly Woman

I hate when people tell my parents what to do about my siblings it's really annoying why don't they mind their own business. It's good that she was arrested how dare she put her hands on a child that is not hers.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 21 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.1%

> TOPIC: Woman Allegedly Spanked Stranger's Toddler

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,