Freedom of Speech - Page 3 of 6

With the recent mess around the world concerning - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 14th Apr, 2006 - 2:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
How free is your freedom of speech?
Freedom of Speech Related Information to Freedom of Speech
  • Sovereignty - Given, Taken or Earned?
  • Your Rights!
  • 13th Nov, 2003 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

Freedom of Speech - Page 3

What's wrong with him is that the secular humanist organizations such as "People for the American Way" have succeeded in convincing the judiciary that Christianity is the problem, rather than the solution.  The fight is going to get worse, not better.

NightHawk

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Sponsored Links:
    13th Nov, 2003 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

Speech Freedom

A lot of it just taking the idea of "politically correct" to extremes.  It's not PC to say someone is "handicapped," you have to say they are "challenged."  It's not PC to invoke "Jesus" in a crowd of people that might include Muslims, Jews, and Buddhists.

And then there are the "Zero Tolerance" rules/laws that make bringing a knife to school -- even if it's never opened or used in a threatening manner -- a crime.  How about the kindergarten boy who was expelled (or suspended?) for kissing a little girl?  The school administration called it "sexual harrassment."

Now with the Patriot Act, anyone who has any kind of public history of anti-government activity -- even peaceful activity -- finds themselves on the "no-fly" list; they can't fly on any commercial airline in the USA.  Little old ladies are having their knitting needles confiscated; elderly men who are war heroes are being strip-searched because of hip replacements that set off metal detectors; average people are harassed, searched, and humiliated because of 9/11 -- and these people don't remotely fit the description of terrorists.  Ridiculous.

Our freedoms are being chipped away, little by little, by the courts, and by groups that whine and complain about their rights being violated.  How about the San Diego couple who were being sued because of their car license plate that was customized to say "RAP N JAP" -- some Japanese person saw it and was offended.  These are the couple's INITIALS.  But because ONE PERSON was offended by it, this couple was sued.  I don't remember all the details, but can you imagine?

The USA is getting stranger all the time.
    IMO
    Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

24th Nov, 2003 - 12:45pm / Post ID: #

Freedom of Speech History & Civil Business Politics

How about the San Diego couple who were being sued because of their car license plate that was customized to say "RAP N JAP" -- some Japanese person saw it and was offended.  These are the couple's INITIALS.  But because ONE PERSON was offended by it, this couple was sued.  I don't remember all the details, but can you imagine?

Now, that's plain ridiculous! I think the system in the USA should really change, anybody sue for the smallest of the things and millions of dollars are spent when they could be well used to feed hungry children. It makes me very mad that people abuse the system in such a way.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 24th Nov, 2003 - 1:24pm / Post ID: #

Freedom of Speech
    A Friend

Page 3 Speech Freedom

This is really stupid...
    I've heard about two other really strange cases in the US:

-A man sued McDonalds because he has spilt hot coffee over his hands while carrying his meal.
    -Two teenagers sued Nintendo, because they haven't gotten any rare card in their Pokemon booster packs.

I believe that it's useless to sue for that kind of worthless things. And in both those cases the cash demand went into millions... dry.gif

Post Date: 24th Nov, 2003 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

Freedom of Speech
    A Friend

Speech Freedom

Yes I agree...Living in the USA sucks sometimes...

We had one here where I live with Mcdonalds...They are being Sued again because they are MAKING our kids Fat With there food...Yeah mcdonalds ..comes to your house puts a gun to your head and says OK BRING YOU KID TO MCDONALDS NOW ..so we can make them FATTER ...I THINK NOT!...

NOW talk about stupid...It is not there fault

Post Date: 24th Nov, 2003 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

Freedom of Speech
    A Friend

Freedom of Speech

Hahaha... Some people just lack the sense of reality

It's the same as sueing Tobbaco companies the fact that they've caused cancer.
    Good Morning! You've been smoking out of your own will!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    Post Date: 24th Nov, 2003 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #

Freedom of Speech
    A Friend

Freedom Speech - Page 3

Exactly....IT is Pathitic dry.gif ...and i hate when ppl think they can get way with it too...

One lady did sue mcdonalds ...that was before they put the Warnig on the cups ..but after that they have.

14th Apr, 2006 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #

Freedom Speech Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

With the recent mess around the world concerning the publication of some comics about Muhammed, this commentary was particularly interesting to me.

https://barometer.orst.edu/vnews/display.v/...ed?in_archive=1
    The Islamic double-standard

This article is written by a student at Oregon State University. Here is another article, by the same student, explaining what has happened because of the first article:

https://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/Na.../14/193679.html
    Campus conservatives and liberals (and turtles)

While he didn't lose his job at the school paper, he has been assured that any of his work will be censored from now on, to eliminate any possibility that he will discuss his point of view about any considerations that Muslims are given in the West.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Freedom of Speech

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,