Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 98 of 174

While you're at it, anything for taking - Page 98 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Nov, 2016 - 12:27am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

04th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 174 pgs.  94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  ...Latest (174) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 17th Oct, 2016 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 98

I have all the 3,5 books available. If you wish to play a psionic character you can. Just roll up the character and post your character in the character creation thread for my approval. Remember you will start out as 1st level character.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Oct, 2016 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Good to know, I'll be writing it up when I have the time. Probably starting as a psion (Basically a mental sorcerer). As tempting as might be to roll up an STP Erudite given the generously open policy, I'm not going to try and pull that one tongue.gif

Primarily for future reference, what is your take on Psionics/Arcana transparency?

Rules as written, psionics and arcana don't interact at all. As a result, creatures that make a mage want to tear their hair out thanks to spell resistance and similar abilities are completely vulnerable to psionic abilities. And that sword cuts two ways, among other things, the psionic version of detect and dispel magic can't touch normal spells.

Some Dungeon Masters prefer to let there be at least some overlap. For instance by assuming anything with spell resistance also has the equivalent amount of Power resistance. I am largely indifferent as to which, but it will make a difference to both fluff and playstyle so I'd rather get it established from the start.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 17th Oct, 2016 - 11:12pm

Post Date: 18th Oct, 2016 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

They do not over lap. They are completely different. Therefore a psion will not be able to detect many spells or magic residue left by a mage just like a mage would not be able to detect a psionic signature. You can be a psionic and a mage as any other multiclass character but you have to start at level 1 as a single class character from the start.

Post Date: 19th Oct, 2016 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 98 Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

All righty then, this should be the last question for a while, no guarantees of course.

What's your policy concerning Independent Research? (Its specifically listed as a legitimate option for Psions, but is of course subject to Dungeon Master fiat)

The campaign may or may not allow for the kind of solitary downtime required to research new powers, and the xp cost can quickly get prohibitive since I'm already a fair bit behind the others in that regard. Mainly wondering if it is an option to begin with and if you have any tweaks in mind for how it works.

Post Date: 19th Oct, 2016 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Yes researching for a new power is allowed just like if a mage wants to research a new spell. The power like the spell researched would be subject to Dungeon Master approval of course.

2nd Nov, 2016 - 12:15am / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Born Free says...

Dear Dungeon Master, how much do you have Krusten at for experience? I have a figure but may have mislabeled it and wanted to be sure. Also what's the distance in miles from here in the town to the pass whee the giants were supposed to be?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2016 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions - Page 98

Horse can travel 30-35 miles in a day. It takes close to five days to reach the pass. That makes it about 160 miles from town to the pass. You should have the same experience as the others I believe that was 1,300 so the added 600 should put you around 1,900 experience.

Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2016 - 12:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 98

While you're at it, anything for taking down those three gobbos? Not that they're worth much in general.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.