Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 106 of 174

KN, I'd say there's a better - Page 106 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 24th Feb, 2017 - 11:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 174 pgs.  102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110  ...Latest (174) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 17th Feb, 2017 - 11:04pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 106

Just a note for the Dungeon Master, that last hit on the mage, via the grapple, by the rules would have been nonlethal. By default, he should be unconscious but alive. Rule as you wish, just making sure that the not breathing bit wasn't an oversight.

Not that I want the guy to wake up and start adding to the body count again…

Speaking of which, Abnninja, you don't need to make an initiative roll every time. And the next time you need to make a d3 roll, might I suggest you roll a couple of d4s? With the understanding that if the first roll was a 4, it defaults to the second roll, so on and so forth.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 17th Feb, 2017 - 11:12pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Feb, 2017 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Got it on the D4. I wasn't sure how to do it here. I've seen it done differently. Regarding the initiative, I was always a stickler for rolling initiative during combat to simulate the ebb and flow of a fight and how even the quickest person can make a mistake. Do we only roll at the beginning of combat?

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2017 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

As with any non lethal damage you still take one point of real damage. After that last arrow from Krusten he only had 1 point left. Therefore the blow to his head and to continued bleeding from the arrow would have put him under 0.

As far as 1-3 damage I would like you to use a d6 I use the system of 1-2 is 1, 3-4 is 2 and 5-6 is 3 if that helps everyone.

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 106 Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Low priority query concerning Warforged repair. Want to be certain we're on the same page before it comes up in the game.

Based on the rules found in Eberron Campaign Setting, pg 46, someone with the right Craft skills can spend 8 hours repairing a warforged. Or the warforged could do it themselves. Since he doesn't need to sleep, I had planned for Bastion to do such while everyone else is in their blankets. The amount of HP repaired is equal to the Craft check -15, one can take 10 on the check, but not take 20.

Thanks to a pretty high intelligence, compared to natural overnight healing, Bastion's a little ahead of the curve. 10+7(Craftarmor)+2(WF repair kit)-15 = 4 HP per night.

I wanted to know if you had any additional restrictions in mind for this mechanic, and how you would handle keeping watch or being interrupted during the repair process.

Also wanted to confirm he could show others how to repair him with the kit in the hopefully unlikely event he's down for the count and there's no other method available to revive him. Craft checks aren't trained only so….

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 18th Feb, 2017 - 2:39pm

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I have no issues with the repair time and costs for it. He can repair over night as people sleep and he is on watch. If he is interrupted by something then that would drop the repairs for that night to half. Yes he can train someone to help repair if he falls in battle.

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I haven't seen any mention of repair costs anywhere. I mean, It makes sense for there to be some reasonable investment involved in that activity, and the repair kit set me back 50 GP, but I can't find anything else in the rules.

The closest I found is the 1/5th item value for craft repair checks, but that's to restore a nonmagical item to full condition, and 1/5th of a construct's price would more than beggar me on a single attempt.

Are you seeing something I'm not, or did you have a ruling in mind?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 3:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions - Page 106

Repair kits are not cheap I give you that but I will work something out. Let me do some research and see what I can come p with on that. I will message you when I have a answer for you.

Post Date: 24th Feb, 2017 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 106

KN, I'd say there's a better than even chance I may have to roll up a new character. Are you okay with me doing so if poor Ildrahil ends up being killed by his stubbornness? wink.gif.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.