USA vs Syria - Page 43 of 54

Okay, so I read Russia's response - Page 43 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Apr, 2017 - 11:52am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 54 pgs.  39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47  ...Latest (54) »
versus U.S.A. Is Syria the next Iraq?
USA vs Syria Related Information to USA vs Syria
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

USA vs Syria
A Friend

USA vs Syria - Page 43

First off, this wasn't planned by President Trump. It was planned by a very capable military staff. It was approved by him for sure. This is exactly the kind of misleading garbage in the media that got him elected… people don't trust the media any more so when they actually have real issues to report they aren't believed.

Next, what the Syrains did was horrific. It was a horrible way to die. That said, the dead don't much care what killed them. Why do I say that? Because Assad has been killing his people for years and he's killed tens of thousands. Many of them were children. And one more time, the dead don't care how they died. During the election candidate Trump said he wasn't going into Syria. He said it wasn't our fight. Now it appears he changed his mind because of some pictures.

Lastly, running this country with your heart based on some pictures, no matter how horrific, is dangerous. The country should be run by your head, influenced by your heart, but run by your head. Don't get me wrong, I agree with these attacks. But I thought we should have crushed Assad when President Obama talked about his red line and backed off. I hope we're doing it now for the right reason and I hope there's a plan and an endgame and keep in mind that we are great at winning wars but not so good at country building.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 7th Apr, 2017 - 2:36am

Sponsored Links:
7th Apr, 2017 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

Syria USA

That has to be the fastest retaliatory attack I have ever seen from any President. I agree with the guy above, Trump sounded like he was doing this no because of years of Assad against his people but because he saw some pictures of children. Still, I'm concerned about how this is going to develop over the next few days. Its a new American front in the middle east and the Russians are there!

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 23 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.3%

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 3:18am / Post ID: #

USA vs Syria
A Friend

USA vs Syria History & Civil Business Politics

I think this is insane. Why can we not stay out of the Middle East? Assad is a horrible person but he is fighting ISIS. Some of the countries in the Middle East are better off with dictators. They at least keep the religious extremists at bay. Have we not learned from Iraq and Libya? Plus Russia is actively supporting Assad. Is Syria worth risking WW3?

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 3:29am / Post ID: #

USA vs Syria
A Friend

Page 43 Syria USA

No, it is definitely not worth WW3. The right way to have done this was to gather an Arab coalition that we would have supported with air power before the Russians went in and when they crossed that red line. I don't think it'll lead to WW3 though because Russia has too much to lose and so do we.

I think President Trump will try to rebuild that coalition and not use US soldiers other than SF. We will use air and naval power. The Arabs would be the ground forces. It may be too late for this. But if it works it may stabilize the region. This could send a message to Iran that this president will act and it will enable the Arabs to start getting their own house in order.

A stable Middle East is good for us, our allies, and the world. It'll only happen if we lead it. This is because our Air Force is the best in the world as is our Navy and they need both of those as well as our logistical support. We are really the only country able to project power like this and that's why it's always us. But again, it may just be too late with Russia there.

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

USA vs Syria
A Friend

Syria USA

That's the thing though. Russia is vested in Syria and wants Assad in power. Putin would lose a lot of face by stepping back. All it takes is an errant strike killing Russian soldiers and who knows what happens then. Russia isn't some country that we can just bully and they back down. They have as many nukes as we do if not more.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 7th Apr, 2017 - 3:34am

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 3:39am / Post ID: #

USA vs Syria
A Friend

USA vs Syria

Yes, you are absolutely correct. This is dangerous. Okay, this strike wasn't as dangerous because we gave the Russians a lot of notice. That said, WW I started because of a series of miscalculations.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 8:51am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

USA Syria - Page 43

Russia, Iran condemn U.S. Missile strikes on Syrian airfield after chemical weapons attack

Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Vladimir Putin considers U.S. Strikes targeting a Syrian airfield following a chemical weapons attack that killed scores of civilians Tuesday "An aggression against a sovereign country violating the norms of international law." Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesman, Bahram Ghasemi, said Iran condemned the strikes ordered by President Trump early Friday "Regardless of the perpetrators and the victims" of the chemical weapons attack. Ref. USAToday.

House and Senate lawmakers generally supported President Donald Trump's decision to strike against the Syrian government Thursday night, but cautioned Trump against unilaterally starting another war in the Middle East without first consulting Congress.

A pair of defense hawks -- Sens. John McCain and Lindsey Graham -- who have frequently been critical of Trump, roundly praised the President's decision Thursday night.

"Acting on the orders of their commander-in-chief, they have sent an important message the United States will no longer stand idly by as Assad, aided and abetted by Putin's Russia, slaughters innocent Syrians with chemical weapons and barrel bombs," McCain and Graham said in a joint statement.

Sen. Rand Paul called on Trump to consult on Congress. "While we all condemn the atrocities in Syria, the US was not attacked," Paul said. Ref. CNN.

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 11:52am / Post ID: #

USA vs Syria
A Friend

USA Syria Politics Business Civil & History - Page 43

Okay, so I read Russia's response and it was rather reserved. It could have been much stronger. That said, and in deference to the points Kyrroeth brought up, this is a dangerous course of action. We just attacked one of Russia's client states and a country that Russia actually has forces in.

I've been thinking about this and I know why I was for this operation. I've been over there so many times and I've seen the conditions, I've seen how the people and governments treat the kids, especially of a different tribe. It's a sin and it tugs at me heart. Kyrroeth is correct in that this isn't our fight, but sometimes you have to stand up to bullies that are bullying someone nearby… that's what we did.

> TOPIC: USA vs Syria

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,