PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions

Pbp D Dark Calling Support Questions - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Mar, 2010 - 10:45am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (30) »
Advanced Dungeons Dragons PBP This is ONLY for Oliron's Dungeons & Dragons PBP Dungeons and Dragons
6th Mar, 2010 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

Oliron's PBP AD&D Dark Calling Support & Questions

This is where players or future players of Dark Calling may seek support or answers to questions.

Sponsored Links:
6th Mar, 2010 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #

Questions and Support Calling Dark Dragons and Dungeons PBP

I was surprised to see all the new posts setup here. I guess you're ready to start then but I'm having some questions already. How come your threads don't have the look for AD&D like the other does. Did you solve the issue about storing our info somehwere here?

6th Mar, 2010 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Yes, I can save your character on a file in my computer.

I am not sure why it does not have the ADnD look. What do you mean by that specifically.

I am also surprised to see the progress made in getting this thing going.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 7th Mar, 2010 - 12:00am

7th Mar, 2010 - 1:32am / Post ID: #

I'm talking about places to fill in the character info so we can see it while we play just like in the current game.

7th Mar, 2010 - 1:43am / Post ID: #

O yes, I am not sure about that. It does help to have that information visibly there but not a requirement. If you have a pad and pencil you could jot down your character, old style. wink.gif

I will have a back up copy for reference and in case you loose the original. In that way will be both on the same page so to speak.

7th Mar, 2010 - 2:31am / Post ID: #

The Dice Master says...

For Threads to appear like that I have to code it and add fields to profiles and so forth. I was willing to do that for Kntoran as it was a start to something seemed often requested, however I already have that for one AD&D adventure here so I will not be able to have it for a second, at least not now. If this one becomes popular then I may consider something to make the Oliron related Threads unique.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Mar, 2010 - 9:07am / Post ID: #

I would recommend there be a Character (Creation) Thread for posting new characters and working on them, and asking and answering questions, like usual, but then the GM copying and pasting the completed and verified ones in a new thread like I did, the Roster, which is only for the listing of the party, nothing else, and no one else posts in it, so he (and everyone) is one bookmark away from easy access to all the characters and all their skills and stats, without it filling up with back-and-forth Q&A, corrections, etc and span multiple pages every few days. The downside is that this can't be edited, and so if you must reflect changes, you'll have make new posts to append new info, so it wouldn't be a bad idea for players and GM to keep their own files of current character info, but I'm not sure how many people actually will do that. For those that do, I might suggest the free Open Office's Calc, which is a spreadsheet but good for grid-type character sheets and info, plus it can do math, to keep track of stats or encumbrance, etc.

For people not familiar with AD&D, some may not know exactly what classes and races are IN "The Player's Handbook", as you note only those may be chosen. It might be a good idea to specify these.

7th Mar, 2010 - 10:45am / Post ID: #

PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive

The Dice Master says...

The Character creation Thread for this RPG is here: Source 6 but I do not recommend using Threads to Update Characters - it will get messy and there will be some who will use it as a post fest because they forgot to add something. Keeping a copy of your character offline is recommended.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (30) »

> TOPIC: PBP D&D Dark Calling Support & Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.