Percy Villafana

Percy Villafana - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 21st Mar, 2010 - 5:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

The man who dared to touch the PM
21st Mar, 2010 - 5:04pm / Post ID: #

Percy Villafana

As I commented in the Patrick Manning thread, there was a man in San Juan who stood in front of his gate, arms forming an X and tried to stop the PM from entering his property. Mr. Manning ignored him completely and pushed himself to the property. The man hold Mr. Manning's hands to stop him but security stepped in and told him he cannot do that. It was amazing to me, what do they mean? That the Prime Minister can enter your home UNINVITED?

Then during a meeting (it seems like the Prime Minister have a lot of time in his hands) took a piece of paper from his pocket and said that this gentleman (an 81 year old man) is actually a Canadian resident. I was shocked that the Prime Minister would actually INVESTIGATE who this man is. *shaking head*

Anyhow, this gentleman spoke to the Express :

international QUOTE
The man who famously blanked Prime Minister Patrick Manning during a People's National Movement (PNM) walkabout last Monday said yesterday that he is a resident of Trinidad and Tobago and not an annual visitor, as the PM has suggested.

Percy Villafana has become a bit of a celebrity after his actions outside his home on Real Street, San Juan, when he refused to allow Manning to step through his "gap" and greet the relatives therein.

Manning was blocked at the gate where Villafana said, "You are not welcome here", while holding his forearms in the shape of a cross.

In Parliament on Friday, Manning claimed that Villafana was in a fact a Canadian resident who visits Trinidad and Tobago during the winter season.

Villafana, who said he once supported the PNM as a young man, finds it mostly amusing but slightly disturbing that the PM had him checked out after the incident.

"A $2 million flag? You"ve got to be joking," Villafana said quietly.

"Not while the Croisee is so filthy and at any given time there are four or five homeless people sleeping in the bus shed. Not while the San Juan River is filled with filth.

"And have you seen the hospitals? A disgrace. The windows are thick with the mess from birds and dust. The facilities are hideous. Terrible. People are suffering. Would I do it again? Absolutely. Too many people are not brave enough to do things like that."

Source 2

Here is the video of the incident:

Source 2

Sponsored Links:

> TOPIC: Percy Villafana

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,