KMART is Back!

Kmart Back - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 20th Sep, 2016 - 4:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
23rd Apr, 2003 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

KMART is Back!

Remember how KMART took a plunge after Septemeber 11th? Well they are back now! I wonder if they will continue with their building here. Yep, they were actually building an outlet in Trinidad when 9/11 happened.

From USA Today:

international QUOTE
Kmart cleared to exit bankruptcy 2 months early

A judge approved Kmart Corp.'s bankruptcy exit plan late Tuesday, paving the way for the discount retailer to emerge from Chapter 11 early next month with 600 fewer stores and 80% less debt.

Sponsored Links:
17th Dec, 2003 - 7:26pm / Post ID: #

Back KMART

You know it is interesting because just last week another store in my regional area announced it will be closing. So, while they may be immerging from bankruptcy, they are definately not finished with their financial makeover.

17th Dec, 2003 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #

KMART is Back! Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Ohhh I had so many hopes that they can continue the one building here in Trinidad! sad.gif oh well....

18th Dec, 2003 - 2:59pm / Post ID: #

Back KMART

They might still build the one in Trinidad. I think it will depend upon what they consider the competition to be like and their outlook for success. There are a lot of large discount retailers in my area with which, they just can't compete. Walmart and Target are all over the place here.

18th Dec, 2003 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Back KMART

international QUOTE
Walmart and Target are all over the place here.

Show off!! *laugh* I miss those stores, they have such a great deals!! That's one of the things I love the most about the USA they have such a good deals on shopping and food!

30th Dec, 2004 - 6:30am / Post ID: #

KMART is Back!

I can almost see K-Mart from my house smile.gif It's only a block away.... unfortunately, the store here is kind of shabby. They have lowered their prices and they *do* try to get nice things, but every time I have shopped there it's a mess. No price tags on the shelves or on the merchandise, stacks of un-shelved items all over the place, broken packages, etc. And the employees can really be rude. What are they thinking?? Like tena said, they have a lot of competition here, even with the dollar stores. The store here is not very popular -- rarely ever do i see the parking lot even half full. In fact, the only time I've ever seen it that way is on Christmas Eve and the day after Thanksgiving. As a contrast, the Wal-Mart and Target parking lots are *always* full -- it is generally very difficult to find a place to park when you go there.

There's a rumor here that we may be getting a new Super Wal-Mart -- with a grocery store and everything! woo hoo!

Roz

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Sep, 2016 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

KMART Back

Kmart to close 64 U.S. Stores

It's the latest round of cuts by Kmart and Sears, which has been struggling with weak sales in a very competitive retail environment. Ref. USAToday.

Post Date: 20th Sep, 2016 - 4:37am / Post ID: #

KMART is Back!
A Friend

KMART Back Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

I heard somewhere, the specifics now elude me, that Sears had bought out Kmart and that together, they both were and are sinking fast.

Many businesses are losing ground to eCommerce and several have shut their doors in the face of over whelming odds.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: KMART is Back!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,