YaBB Modification Help - Page 6 of 7

QUOTE if a user replies to this thread then - Page 6 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 15th Aug, 2003 - 7:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 7 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 
Post Date: 11th Aug, 2003 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help
A Friend

YaBB Modification Help - Page 6

wow I feel pleased with myself, i think i figured it out lol.

Right at the end of the mod was this line of code:

CODE
     $userprofile{$user}->[6] = $posts;

I removed it and the post count showed up.
I uploaded the modified display.pl and th bars and posts showed up correctly.

Please tell me, do you have that line of code in you Load.pl file? Here's thew few lines before and after it:

CODE
         $fill_bar = int($avgpost{$user});
         if($fill_bar){$fill_bar = qq~~;} else {$fill_bar = "";}

$empty_bar = 100 - $avgpost{$user};
         if($empty_bar){$empty_bar = qq~~;} else {$empty_bar = ""; }

$avgpost{$user} = qq~$fill_bar$empty_bar
nActivity: $avgpost{$user}% ($userprofile{$user}->[6]/$dif)~;
     }
     $avgpost{$user} .= '';
     [b]$userprofile{$user}->[6] = $posts;[/b]
     ###/Activity Bar Hack ###

Now finally, you know you explained to me that on this board it looks at how many days you've been registered and how many posts you've done to calulate your activity? Well id that something you did yourself or is that the actual mod?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links:
12th Aug, 2003 - 4:30am / Post ID: #

Help Modification YaBB

Glad you got it working and that bit of code is in my load.pl but without the

CODE
[b][/b]
. As far as the post count, I think that is a default product of YaBB.  The bar to show activity  was in the same zip I sent you.

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2003 - 9:18am / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help
A Friend

YaBB Modification Help Gaming Video & Issues Computer

oh no the

CODE
[b][/b]
was not in the code, i was trying to make it bold so you could see where the code was.

do you know what that line was meant to do then? ??? it seems to be working ok without it.

12th Aug, 2003 - 12:14pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Help Modification YaBB

:spock: As far as I understand it refers to the user's culminative post count. It is obvious that there is a conflict somewhere in your script, maybe it is called somewhere else? Glad it is working for you now.

Post Date: 15th Aug, 2003 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help
A Friend

Help Modification YaBB

I've got another question for you JB ;D

I've got the "last post" mod installed that shows on the board index the link of the last post made in each board. This works fine, but I noticed on this board that if a post is a reply it does not the the "re: " part on the board index and has the correct topic icon displayed.

On my board if the topic icon is the lamp and someone replies to it the xx.gif icon is displayed on the board index. What do I do to get it like yours? With no re: and the correct icon displayed?

15th Aug, 2003 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help

On my board if the topic icon is the lamp and someone replies to it the xx.gif icon is displayed on the board index. What do I do to get it like yours? With no re: and the correct icon displayed?

Edit the part that displays that bit of code... it will be either boardindex.pl or maybe display.pl not sure which. That section actually contains a custom mod which is a 'second to last poster' The code for it is in the Forum Updates thread. As for the gif, I did not do anything special for that, just changed it to a blank image wink.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Aug, 2003 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help
A Friend

YaBB Modification Help - Page 6

I don't think you understood what i mean about the image.

say the icon for the thread is a lamp, now if this is a new thread that's just been posted it will show the lamp on the board index. however, if a user replies to this thread then the xx.gif icon will be displayed instead. do you know how to fix this?

15th Aug, 2003 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 6

if a user replies to this thread then the xx.gif icon will be displayed instead. do you know how to fix this?

Yes I understand. The xx.gif is the default image, on mine it is changed to blank so that it does not show. When a user replies it will use whatever is the default image if the replying used does not select an image, thus you will get xx.gif showing. If you want it to be like mine and show no image then you need to change the image.

+  « First of 7 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: YaBB Modification Help

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,