Hot Chicks - The RPG - Page 4 of 6

I've like seen loads of fantasy cover - Page 4 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 25th Oct, 2010 - 12:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Hot Chicks - The RPG
21st Oct, 2010 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

Hot Chicks - The RPG - Page 4

I'm sure the whole thing is worth it and all but I don't think the guys here will like pay to play specially a system they've never played before.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Oct, 2010 - 4:40am / Post ID: #

Hot Chicks - The RPG
A Friend

RPG - Chicks Hot

Perfectly understandable. I'll have to throw together an "essentials" sheet to get folks started. Going to have to wait on that one, though; I have four other projects on the table that need attention before I can devote the time to it.

Then again, maybe I can put the basic book on sale for a buck for a few days. I'll have to give that option some thought. wink.gif

21st Oct, 2010 - 10:51am / Post ID: #

Hot Chicks - The RPG Reviews RPG & Card Board

Cool that can work! I'll look out for it and your Hot Chicks posts in the member wars board but I bet JB will make an announcement in the newsletters when you're ready to go.

22nd Oct, 2010 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 RPG - Chicks Hot

Kind of sexist to call it "Hot Chicks", why didn't you call it something that fits the overall future scene? You could have used "Fatal Earth" or something like that. Plus the woman in the half cup bra... I mean really? Kind of degrading to women in my opinion.

Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2010 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

Hot Chicks - The RPG
A Friend

RPG - Chicks Hot

The name and the general tone of the game was pretty much entirely market-driven.

Our first products on RPGNow were sets of paper miniature. We simultaneously released a set called Hot Chicks and a set called Hot Dudes... They were meant to fill a perceived niche in the paper standee market. Hot Dudes has never sold particularly well. Hot Chicks had consistently high sales numbers.

There have been a number of Hot Chicks sets sold, some with the "Adult" label. These, and products based on these, have consistently sold extremely well. As the product line expanded to include art books, we included commentary about how the subject matter might fit into an RPG setting.

During this time, my partner and I were contemplating releasing an RPG title of our own. The commentary from the Hot Chicks art books formed the basis of the general tone of the RPG setting we wanted to generate. There was an established brand with a good sized fan base, and a large number of digital models which had been used for previous products.

Hence, "Hot Chicks: The Role Playing Game."

Ironically (and deliberately), the setting is about fighting against the objectification of the entire human race, not merely the attractive females among them. Objectification is, at no point in the game, portrayed as anything other than an evil which must be stopped. The point is made that the game is called "Hot Chicks" in part because women are classically understood as being the targets of objectification more often than men; the point is also made that women make far more dangerous allies (and opponents) in the war for the future and destiny of mankind.

The subject matter and the marketing have had sensationalist elements - which one would expect for an action-driven RPG.

Hot Chicks is a niche product within a niche category. It may be useful to note that we are moving on from the product line, and producing a more generic RPG which will apply to many different settings. The Hot Chicks setting, in the new system, is being re-named and re-branded as "Destiny 2025."

There are a number of women who believe that the product degrades them. There are a number of women who believe the product does not do this, and who find it entertaining for its own sake. Outside of the subjective judgment, our actual intent was not to degrade anyone, but to point out that objectification does occur and that it is something which should be fought against.

22nd Oct, 2010 - 8:51pm / Post ID: #

Hot Chicks - The RPG

I'm getting you, believe me I do I just don't like the front with the half cup bra. I've seen a lot of hot chicks on art for fantasy stuff but not in a bra, I thought that was crossing the line. You'll probably have more success with the name change and front cover too. Since its a digital sale why don't you change that bra anyways and replace it with something toned down a bit?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Oct, 2010 - 8:18am / Post ID: #

Hot Chicks - RPG - Page 4

This is offtopic of the game itself and I apologize, but I did want to address this.

Hot Chicks has been around quite a while. Guys are generally the target demographic for RPGs and like it or not, it is likely, laudable objectification awareness goals or not, that cover art's (even with bad CGI) creation was strategic and successful in its aims, and while a "toned down" version would be more politically and aesthetically and overall probably morally correct, I'd suspect it actually would not "have more success".

Not that I disagree with the *principle* of changing it, and as the author said, they are working on developing the setting and game overall into a more "approachable" format. But changing the art from this game would be like removing the violence from Rambo or Kill Bill - it's kinda the point, cover art bra and all, as tasteless as it is. The art is what it is - a means to an end to grab the eye, and as it has generated, good or bad, comments, from the actual medium used for the art, to the content and design choices, I'd say it has very clearly achieved that, and so now it is up to the actual game content itself, appropriately, to carry or collapse, under the reader's scrutiny.

25th Oct, 2010 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

Hot Chicks - RPG Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 4

I've like seen loads of fantasy cover art and the way they put the women looks no different than what scottcorum has on his... I mean like even some graphics show more.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Hot Chicks - The RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,