LDS Perspective: War in Iraq

Lds Perspective War Iraq - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 15th Apr, 2003 - 11:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (10) »
LDS Perspective: War in Iraq Related Information to LDS Perspective: War in Iraq
17th Mar, 2003 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

Mormons View Of Iraq War

Has the Church indicated any kind of position on Iraq? Yes, I know Pres. Hinckley said to the Saints in Utah to support Bush at the time of 9/11, but what about now?

Sponsored Links:
18th Mar, 2003 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

Iraq War Perspective LDS

He didn't tell only to the Utah members to support Bush. He refered to all US citizen members. And was not something he just say for 9/11 but that the members should support their President and 'the war against terrorism' now if you ask me, that's what Bush says he's doing, therefore US citizen who are also members should support him. But personally, I think it was a suggestion, everyone has their mind on the subject.

18th Mar, 2003 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

LDS Perspective: War in Iraq Studies Doctrine Mormon

He didn't tell only to the Utah members to support Bush. He refered to all US citizen members

Sorry, I meant that at the time he said it he was addressing the Saints in Utah, but I know he meant all US citizens.

20th Mar, 2003 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

Iraq War Perspective LDS

Pres. Hinckley offers words of comfort, but of course no specific thoughts on the war itself. From LDS News:

PRESIDENT HINCKLEY OFFERS COMFORT AS WAR LOOMS

See Here

With the U.S. on the brink of a possible war with Iraq, President Gordon B. Hinckley offered words of compassion and support to the armed services during a devotional at Brigham Young University on Tuesday, 18 March. "It appears that the nation of which most of us are citizens is inexorably moving toward war. These are solemn and perilous times," President Hinckley said. "If there be any of our number in the reserve or National Guard who have been called to duty, we extend our great appreciation and our love and respect to them and the families they have left behind."

1st Apr, 2003 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Iraq War Perspective LDS

This was actually published by the CSMonitor and I was caught by the quote:

international QUOTE
GOD, CHAPLAINS, AND THE MILITARY
See here

While in Kuwait, military chaplains in the United States Air Force can draw on their understanding of religious teachings when asked, but most simply listen and help troops find their own peace with God. "As a chaplain, I believe that if they can get connected to God, they will have a certainty, and they won't have to rely on the government or a military commander,"Said Captain Kleet Barclay, a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

6th Apr, 2003 - 4:56pm / Post ID: #

Well I just heard Pres. Hinckley's talk in the Morning session of General Conference. It seems that he supports the war in Iraq. He even hinted to the idea that those who oppose it will be held accountable. What are your thoughts?

Note: You can see the Iraq - disarm or war thread in the international board where I share some of my thoughts along with others concerning the war. You will see that I do believe that Saddam needs to be out, but was in disgreement that it should be done without UN backing, if not what is the sense of the UN, but lets leave that for the other thread and you can share your spiritual stand point here.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Apr, 2003 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

LDS Perspective War Iraq

Here is a review of Pres. Hinckley's words concerning the war in Iraq:

From Deseret News:

international QUOTE

LDS GENERAL CONFERENCE: WORLD TURMOIL IS BACKDROP FOR TALKS
Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are people of peace
Who follow Jesus the Christ as the Prince of Peace. But some circumstances
Justify war, and church members then are obligated to follow the lead of those
Who govern them, President Gordon B. Hinckley said Sunday morning.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,...34152,00.html

15th Apr, 2003 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

LDS Perspective War Iraq Mormon Doctrine Studies

It is such a sad thing to die in war, especially for loved ones, but even worst to know it is your own 'buds' that killed you:

LATTER-DAY SAINT PILOT KILLED IN FRIENDLY FIRE
See here

The United States Navy confirmed Sunday that the body of pilot Lieutenant Nathan White was recovered over the weekend, more than a week after his fighter plane was downed in Iraq. White was flying an F/A-18 Hornet fighter on 2 April over Karbala in Central Iraq when his aircraft may have been hit by a United States Patriot missile. After high school, White attended Brigham Young University, where he majored in Japanese and graduated with honors. He also devoted two years to serving as a missionary in Japan.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: LDS Perspective: War in Iraq

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,