Where are the transfigured?

Where Transfigured - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 7th Sep, 2003 - 2:11am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
13th Apr, 2003 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

Beyond Mere Mortals

John the Beloved and the Three Nephites are examples of those who were blessed with life beyond the expected age of death so that their work would be prolonged on the earth.

The question is... where are they now?

What are they doing?

Are they in General Conference?

Sponsored Links:
25th Aug, 2003 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

transfigured the Where

I think it was either Joseph Smith or Brigham Young who said they were/are working with the 10 Tribes.

There is also good reason to think that John will be the Davidic King, or 'one mighty and strong' as described in Isaiah.

NightHawk

26th Aug, 2003 - 2:01am / Post ID: #

Where are the transfigured? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Yes, I heard that John is working with the Ten Tribes now where the Ten Tribes are? wink.gif

27th Aug, 2003 - 12:05am / Post ID: #

transfigured the Where

I've heard, and read, lots of speculation.  Hollow earth, Planet X, asteroids, etc.

However, there is one idea that really appeals to me.

Robert Smith, in his book The Last Days Unsealed tells about a group of tribes in the mountians of the Ukraine, who barely survive.  They have just enough children to replace those who die.  What is strange is that all of the civilizations that have come through that area have left them alone, even the USSR.

He thinks that perhaps they are the 10 tribes, protected by God to come forth in the Last Days.

As I said, the idea appeals to me.

NightHawk

27th Aug, 2003 - 1:30am / Post ID: #

transfigured the Where

Wow that sounds like something to research about!. I will see if I can find something online about it. Please feel free to add more stuff, I like to learn new things. Thanks.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2003 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3 Nephi 28:25-32

25 Behold, I was about to write the names of those who were never to taste of death, but the Lord forbade; therefore I write them not, for they are hid from the world.

26 But behold, I have seen them, and they have ministered unto me.

27 And behold they will be among the Gentiles, and the Gentiles shall know them not.

28 They will also be among the Jews, and the Jews shall know them not.

29 And it shall come to pass, when the Lord seeth fit in his wisdom that they shall minister unto all the scattered tribes of Israel, and unto all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, and shall bring out of them unto Jesus many souls, that their desire may be fulfilled, and also because of the convincing power of God which is in them.

30 And they are as the angels of God, and if they shall pray unto the Father in the name of Jesus they can show themselves unto whatsoever man it seemeth them good.

31 Therefore, great and marvelous works shall be wrought by them, before the great and coming day when all people must surely stand before the judgment-seat of Christ;

32 Yea even among the Gentiles shall there be a great and marvelous work wrought by them, before that judgment day.

Just thought I'd share those few scriptures with you all.  Sounds like the 3 Nephites, at least, are among us and we just don't know who they are.  I know there are lots of stories of people who say they have seen them or been helped by them.  There are many books you can buy which are filled with these stories.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Sep, 2003 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Where the transfigured

from what i know about translated beings they are translated because they had another mission assigned for them on another planet.they are called some where else to preach the gospel may it be here on this earth or another planet.i learn that from teachings of the prophet joseph smith i would get the exact quote and relate it for you.

7th Sep, 2003 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Where the transfigured Mormon Doctrine Studies

I have read the quote that you referred to.  There is one additional quote that I have found very interesting.  I can't find the source right now, but will continue to search for it.

It is in reference to the School of the Prophets in Nauvoo, as Joseph Smith was teaching the brethren how to pray.  During one session, the brethren who were present saw the Lord walk among them, and a little later saw the Father.  After the Father walked among them, Joseph drew everyone's attention to one among them, who had the appearance of being made of amber.  As this man brought his attention back to his surroundings, he began to look normal.  Joseph said that this man was almost ready to become transfigured, and in a very few minutes would have been.

Just another bit of information about this subject.

NightHawk

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Where are the transfigured?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,