Adamic Language

Adamic Language - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd May, 2008 - 10:38am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
17th Jan, 2003 - 4:03pm / Post ID: #

Adamic Language

Now, I'm not quite sure how many of you heard about the Adamic Language, for those who don't know, is the language that God gave to Adam in the beginning, it says that was a perfect and pure tongue. Now I would like you to add any information or knowledge you have about this. The only one person I can remember that talked on this language was the brother of Jared, Moroni has recorded it in the Book of Mormon. Now, why it was stopped? Will we able to learn this language in the Millenium?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Jan, 2003 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

Adamic Language
A Friend

Language Adamic

I believe the Adamic language was probably spoken Sumerian.
No linguist in the world has been able to trace the origins of the Sumerian language. It just 'suddenly' appeared.  Later languages (Akkadian, Egyptian, Aramaic etc) and dialects do however have elements of Sumerian in them. I read somewhere once (I forgot where) that in fact all languages on earth today can be traced back to Sumerian - even Chinese.  How they are related is beyond my knowledge but there has been a case made for such a theory. What is also quite interesting is that spoken and written Sumerian just as suddenly vanished about the time the Tower of Babel was built.  Jared and the brother of Jared probably spoke Sumerian too. It was the language  of the 'Gods' just as the Mesopotamian (Sumerian) Cities of Ur and Nippur were cities of the 'Gods'.  From the time of Jared, languages seemed to spring up everywhere and the number of languages in the world increased greatly. I find it interesting also that as time passes, more and more languages are now 'vanishing' from widespread use. I think we are down to around 500 actively used languages and as time continues, I believe we will return to one language around the world again. This won't happen anytime soon I don't think but given a thousand years or so, it may be possible.  

19th Jan, 2003 - 11:03pm / Post ID: #

Adamic Language Studies Doctrine Mormon

Good point but I'm thinking more than the Adamic language was or is (?) a Heavenly language, what are your thoughts about it?. I personally don't think was the Sumerian language because I am not convinced that the Sumerians actually existed, bccause they could not dissapear just like that like they did without trace.
Anyway, researching about the Adamic Language I found that it will be the language that we will talk when Christ returns. I wanted to know if any of you ever heard details about this language. I'm really curious about it.

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2003 - 2:55pm / Post ID: #

Adamic Language
A Friend

Language Adamic

The adamic language used to be taught in temple sessions.  My father and mother in law remember when they frequented the temple, but they have stopped it along with a number of other things taught in temples.

Post Date: 21st Jan, 2006 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Adamic Language
A Friend

Language Adamic

The Adamic Language is the Language of God, it is pure in written form, in spoken form, and thought. We learn that the Adamic language was changed for all but the Brother of Jared and his family and friends at the Tower of Babel. The Jaredites used the language until their destruction.

When Christ returns the language will be restored once again, thus fulfilling the restoration of ALL things (including the Language).

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2006 - 12:45pm / Post ID: #

Adamic Language
A Friend

Adamic Language

QUOTE (bink @ 28-Jan 03, 9:55 AM)
The adamic language used to be taught in temple sessions.  My father and mother in law remember when they frequented the temple, but they have stopped it along with a number of other things taught in temples.

Yes, we know very few words in Adamic, but a few have been revealed. I have a list of them somewhere. "Pay Lay Ale" for example, and "Ahman" "ondi" "Anglo-man" "Son Ahman" "Sons Ahman" and a few others. You wanted to put in everything we know about Adamic, so here are some other tidbits:

This was at a prayer meeting where the Prophet Joseph presided and Elder Brigham Young in his prayer spoke in tongues, moved upon by the Spirit of God, and when he had ceased praying the Prophet continued in the same tongue that Elder Brigham Young had spoken in, and as he closed his remarks, he said, "My brethren and sisters, the tongue that Brother Brgham spoke in, and I have continued in, is the pure Adamic language spoken by our father Adam," and it is from the Lord. Elder Seymour B. Young, Conference Report, October 1922, Third Day-Morning Session, p.145 - 146

That is perfectly natural; for when that which is perfect is come, we shall see as we are seen, and know as we are known. There will be no need for men to prophesy what shall take place, for we shall all see and understand it. In that day it will not be necessary for one to say to another, Know ye the Lord; for all shall know Him. Perfect knowledge will be enjoyed by all. We shall see eye to eye, and be of one heart and mind in the kingdom of God. It will not be necessary for any to speak in an unknown tongue; for the original Adamic language will be restored, and all shall speak in the one tongue. Hence how consistent it is to say, "When that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away." These gifts are now given to us as a lamp to lighten our pathway, to encourage us when our spirits are drooping, to heal our bodies when we are afflicted, and to give us knowledge of things to come, that we may be buoyed up and go on to perfection. (Elder John W. Taylor, Conference Report, October 1903, Overflow Meeting, p.97)

Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 2d ed., p.19
During the millennium, it appears that men will again have power to speak and write the Adamic language. Of that day the Lord says he will "turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord, to serve him with one consent." (Zeph. 3:9.) In some instances when the saints speak in tongues, the language impressed upon them by the power of the Spirit is the pure Adamic tongue.

Mother Whitney was baptized in November, 1830, and from that time to her death was a faithful and devoted member of the Church. In its early days she was designated by the Prophet Joseph Smith as "the sweet songstress of Zion." She was among the first members of the Church to receive the gift of tongues, which she always exercised in singing. The Prophet said that the language was the pure Adamic tongue, the same that was used in the garden of Eden, and he promised that if she kept the faith, the gift would never leave her. It never did, and many who heard her sing never forgot the sweet and holy influence that accompanied her exercise of this heavenly gift. The [p.564] last time she sang in tongues was on the day she was 81 years old. LDS Biographical Encyclopedia, Andrew Jenson, Vol. 3, p.563

The Adamic tongue was a powerful language that communicated not only words and ideas but also the power of God. "And so great was the faith of Enoch that he led the people of God, and their enemies came to battle against them; and he spake the word of the Lord, and the earth trembled, and the mountains fled, even according to his command; and the rivers of water were turned out of their course; and the roar of the lions was heard out of the wilderness; and all nations feared greatly, so powerful was the word of Enoch, and so great was the power of the language which God had given him" (Moses 7:13). Moroni seems in awe of the power of this language, as contained in the writings of the brother of Jared: "And thou hast made us [the Nephites] that we could write but little, because of the awkwardness of our hands. Behold, thou hast not made us mighty in writing like unto the brother of Jared, for thou madest him that the things which he wrote were mighty even as thou art, unto the overpowering of man to read them" (Ether 12:24). Robert L. Millet, Alive in Christ: The Miracle of Spiritual Rebirth, p.130 - 131

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2008 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Adamic Language

Name: Marie

Comments: I have heard this language is what Jesus spoke to calm the waters. That it is the power to command the elements and have them obey. The great pyramids where made by those who spoke it. along with other unexplainable man-made wonders. The language was too powerful for a wicked people, so the Lord saw fit to corrupt it because of the things men where doing with it. (the tower of Babel) And yes it will be given again I would think to build the new Jerusalem and all of the great things prophesied in the last days.

Post Date: 3rd May, 2008 - 10:38am / Post ID: #

Adamic Language
A Friend

Adamic Language Mormon Doctrine Studies

Interesting.... Is adamic going to be the language we speak when we return to the celestial kingdom?

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Adamic Language

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,