The Most Powerful Money

The Powerful Money - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd May, 2004 - 3:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Which is it? US, Pounds, Euro?
Post Date: 15th Jan, 2004 - 12:49pm / Post ID: #

The Most Powerful Money

I propose that the UK Pound Sterling is the most pwerful money on the planet since it is excepted most anywhere and has an advantage of 2:1 to the US dollar. However it does seem to be that the US dollar is more widely traded. What is your view?

Sponsored Links:
22nd May, 2004 - 1:33pm / Post ID: #

Money Powerful The

Yes, the US dollar is the most poweful money in the world. Many countries always depend on the stability of this currency and as you well mentioned, US dollars are widely spread.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

22nd May, 2004 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #

The Most Powerful Money History & Civil Business Politics

The most powerful money in the world is that which has an intrinsic value in the currency itself and is not promisory or fiat in nature.

Dubhdara.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

22nd May, 2004 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

Money Powerful The

The US dollar is still the most "powerful" money even if its value relative to other currency is down. It is still the standard by which all others is measured. It is still the one preferred over all others. I am not exactly sure why this is, but for the moment it is true. The Euro hopes to supplant the dollar in this regard. We shall see if it does or not, but for now it still is the US dollar that is most widely traded and valued.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

22nd May, 2004 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

Money Powerful The

Dubhdara, now that you have said that, which currency in your mind would fit that description? rolleyes.gif

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

23rd May, 2004 - 8:37am / Post ID: #

The Most Powerful Money

JB,

Gosh, is there one? wink.gif

The first phase would be to have the dollar backed by reserves, there is a great project seeking to break the "money monopoly" and return it to the people...

The Liberty Dollar - backed by silver!
https://www.norfed.org/html/blockbuster.asp

The above link is to an article which will answer any questions you might have.

Dubhdara.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd May, 2004 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

The Powerful Money

I don't think there is any currency backed by any real value, such as gold or silver -- at least not that is widely available. The U.S.D. and the euro and even the B.P.S. are all fiat currencies. The U.S.D. is not even backed by the government -- it's a Federal Reserve Bank note, and basically just a "promise" to be of value.... That's just embarrassing.

Offtopic but,
I read not long ago that every civilization that has switched to fiat currency has fallen....

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

23rd May, 2004 - 3:24pm / Post ID: #

The Powerful Money Politics Business Civil & History

Yes, I think I read the same thing about fiat money - and it is no doubt true. Corrupt money systems have been around since at least Nimrod's time.

I agree with Ezra Taft Benson, that a true and honest money system must be based on gold and silver:

"I believe in honest money, the gold and silver coinage of the Constitution, and a circulating medium into such money without loss." (An Enemy Hath Done This, p.145; see also Joseph Smith, DHC Vol V, p. 289)

I have often wondered why a certain book of scripture takes so much time describing the denominations of gold and silver, and not long ago came across one authority who suggested that this was teaching about the importance of having a currency based on material of intrinsic value.

I've just uploaded a book to the downloads forum which touches on this subject around page 84 (Moral Basis of a Free Society) if anyone's interested.

Dubhdara.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: The Most Powerful Money

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,