FE Explanation & Faq for Personal Games

Fe Explanation Faq Personal Games - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 17th Feb, 2004 - 7:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Before playing Future Earth Personal Adventures you should already be familiar with the rules in the Future Earth Game.
17th Feb, 2004 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

FE Explanation & Faq for Personal Games

The Game Master says...

Future Earth Personal Adventures

Personal adventures are paid for games where the RPGer and the GM are the only ones involved. This scenario is based on the concept that the player wants to adventure alone for the sake of experience, gold or other reason including not being able to function well in group play.

How Do I Play?

First of all you must be part of the RPG Group and have created a character. You then select a scenario to play making sure to note the cost, difficulty, etc. When your payment is made the GM will contact you to start and instructions of how to do so. Game play is in ONE THREAD! Since there are only two persons in the game there is no need for such threads as 'camp', 'party order', etc.

Why Is There A Cost?

The GM's time is not for free and it takes a significant amount of it along with planning to create and execute an adventure.

Rules for Personal Adventures

- When you start an adventure ONLY you can finish it. You may not exchange with another RPGer or ask them to continue it.
- If for some reason you fail to reply in a current personal adventure then the GM will assume you are no longer interested and will eliminate your character and close the game. Games that are closed are no longer opened. If you wish to continue a closed game you will have to either pay the same amount you did originally to start the game or choose another game.
- You can only play one personal adventure at a time.
- You cannot be in a personal adventure and a group adventure at the same time.

Sponsored Links:
17th Feb, 2004 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

Games Personal Faq and Explanation FE

The Game Master says...

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q. Can you give an example of how a personal adventure works using one thread?
A. Very easy. The GM is always the first to start with the story...

GM: You need to go to the garden to pick apples. Say what you will do now.
RPGer: I will get a bucket and go into the garden.
GM: You grab a red bucket with a handle and then venture into the garden.
RPGer: What kind of day is it?
GM: It is a sunny day, the birds sing and you feel a light breeze.
RPGer: Great, I will have my character pick apples while singing.

In addition to the above keep in mind that you will decide what you want your character to do BEFORE you post a reply to the GM since you will only get one post within which to do so.

Q. Why are the various personal adventures at a different price?
A. This is based on the difficulty in storyline. The more complexed the adventure the more it will cost.

Q. May I suggest an adventure I would like to go on?
A. If you do not see an adventure you would like to go on then please do contact me via the Contact Page with what you would like to see, but make sure your suggestion keeps within the World of Medieval.

Q. How do I know if my character will fit an adventure?
A. No matter what your adventurer's class or level the current adventure will be customized to be challenging. So if you are level zero then you will not have to fight a dragon, but if you are level ten you may have to destroy an evil mage within the same scenario. The GM will decide what is best based on the abilities of your character.

Q. Couldn't the GM just try to defeat my character?
A. The GM ALWAYS gives players the benefit of the doubt (even in battles), most of the time death results from silly or unplanned moves such as bursting into a room full of people to fight or running down a corridor without checking for traps.

Q. Do you give hints during adventures?
A. The GM gives subtle clues in everything, but if they are true or not will be for you to solve. You can use the forum shop to get specific clues.

Q. Are the adventures real?
A. They are not reality and you are not your character, you are merely playing a game of imagination and you 'manage' your character's actions.

> TOPIC: FE Explanation & Faq for Personal Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,