Fantasy Sports

Fantasy Sports - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 18th Jun, 2004 - 12:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Fantasy Football
22nd May, 2004 - 12:32am / Post ID: #

Fantasy Sports

Does anyone participate in fantasy sports? If so, which sport(s)? What is your favorite? What do you enjoy best about playing fantasy sports?

Sponsored Links:
22nd May, 2004 - 12:50am / Post ID: #

Sports Fantasy

What do you exactly mean by fantasy sports?. I hope is not about imagining that you are skiing in the middle of Jamaica. laugh.gif

22nd May, 2004 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

Fantasy Sports Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Sorry about that LDS. I should not have assumed that everyone knew what Fantasy Sports is. Fantasy Sports allows a person to draft professional players to a team. Usually you participate in a league of coaches who can each draft a team of players. They then compete with each other over the sporting season using the individual player stats.
For example, in fantasy baseball, I will draft a pitcher, catcher, 1st baseman, 2nd baseman, etc etc. All the other coaches in my league will do the same. Once we have our teams compiled, we go head to head against each other, using the player stats of the athletes we drafted. At the end of the week, whichever team has the best overall numbers in specified categories wins that week. We do this for the entire MLB season and at the end crown a league champion. Clear as mud? tongue.gif

22nd May, 2004 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #

Sports Fantasy

Where do you get the stats and how is it run? This may be something for the RPG section as it does not seem to be an actual sport?

23rd May, 2004 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

Sports Fantasy

The stats are basically the real players stats for the day. Yahoo for example provides an area where you store your fantasy teams and they will update your points for you. All you need to do is make moves for your teams, eg adds, drops, trades, and rotate bench players etc. Fantasy sports is a huge industry in the States, I am surprised no one so far is familiar with it undecided.gif

23rd May, 2004 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

Fantasy Sports

Well I have heard of it, but not actually played, but it seems to be more game related than sports related isn't it since afterall it is fantasy?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd May, 2004 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

Fantasy Sports

Yes, you can say that. It is a game because there is no physical activity involved, but the strategy and competitive nature of those involved make it very enjoyable to participate in. Plus it ties in so closely with the actual players in the real sports because you are relying on their stats for your team to succeed.

Post Date: 18th Jun, 2004 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #

Fantasy Sports
A Friend

Fantasy Sports Movies Music Fashion & Sports

I participate and like Fantasy Football the most. I probably like it the best because Football is my favorite sport. I like to play fantasy sports because of how random it is(One day you could score over 100 points and the next have less than 30!) and because my friends are into it as well.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Fantasy Sports

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,