F.a.r.m.s.

F A R M S - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 15th May, 2005 - 3:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies
22nd May, 2004 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

F.a.r.m.s.

What is your position on Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies better known as 'FARMS'? DO you think the views therein should be taken seriously, are they a bonafide representative of the Church (even if they do not claim to be), do their rebuttals stand the test of time, or does it seem shaky? What is your view and experiences?

Sponsored Links:
22nd May, 2004 - 11:57pm / Post ID: #

Farms

DO you think the views therein should be taken seriously, are they a bonafide representative of the Church (even if they do not claim to be), do their rebuttals stand the test of time, or does it seem shaky? What is your view and experiences?

I have mixed feelings, in some reviews I have seen I found them to be very good but in other cases I found them not as good, I don't think shaky is the word but making several assumptions, specially with books that seem a bit controversial.

23rd May, 2004 - 2:28am / Post ID: #

F.a.r.m.s. Studies Doctrine Mormon

In general, I like them. As far as their claims to not represent the Church, that is a little bit disingenuous, as they are now an official research organ of BYU.

However, I do think that they are not particularly independent. It seems to me that they follow the "party line" extremely closely.

23rd May, 2004 - 7:22pm / Post ID: #

Farms

However, I do think that they are not particularly independent. It seems to me that they follow the "party line" extremely closely.

I totally agree with you and that's why I said some of their reviews I don't share their opinions about, anything a little too controversial, they throw the lions to it.

23rd May, 2004 - 10:38pm / Post ID: #

Farms

I do like their Review of Books on the Book of Mormon (I think that is the title). It is a regular feature, where they review all books that they find that talk about the Book of Mormon.

Post Date: 15th May, 2005 - 3:32pm / Post ID: #

F.a.r.m.s.
A Friend

F.a.r.m.s.

I am a subscribed member to f.a.r.m.s. and find it to be quite useful in studying the gospel. Though at times I find myself argueing with some of the authors about points that they make such as Hugh Nibley. Other times I want more information and they are able to provide the answers I need such as the Seal of Melchizedek. If a person has the spirit within them they will be able to weed out the lies and hold to the truths.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: F.a.r.m.s.

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,