Wear Specs Forever! Eye Surgery vs Contacts vs Glasses

Wear Specs Forever! Eye Surgery Contacts - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 29th May, 2004 - 1:38am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Why I do not just get lasik surgery and get rid of my specs once and for all - or is there an alternative?
24th May, 2004 - 4:24pm / Post ID: #

I often wonder if the research on solving eye problems is not slowed because of the number of people that would go out of business if they did not need glasses anymore? It is like oil, when the oil industry found that car was invented that could run totally on solar power they immediately bought all the copyrights and patents for 100s of millions.

international QUOTE
NEW HOPE FOR WEAK EYES

People born before or during the baby boom may be using reading glasses to read this. Presbyopia -- the inability to read or see near detail -- is the curse that comes to pretty much everyone between 40 and 51. It's the most common vision problem in America.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/

Sponsored Links:
28th May, 2004 - 10:08pm / Post ID: #

Glasses Contacts Surgery Eye Forever Specs Wear

Well there is a cure for wearing glasses, it is called lasic surgery. However, it can be expensive and most people will opt for wearing glasses or contacts before taking the risk of having surgery on their eyes. I know of a few people who have had lasic surgery and they have been happier than ever with few complications. Thank God I have good eyes... so far. wink.gif

28th May, 2004 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #

Wear Specs Forever! Eye Surgery vs Contacts vs Glasses Health & Special Psychology

Yes, I know about the lasic procedures, but like you said, it is not main stream because of the risk involved and people's fear.

I know of a few people who have had lasic surgery and they have been happier than ever with few complications.

What complications?

28th May, 2004 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #

Well, complications such as blurry vision, dried eyes, infection and change to pupil size. A buddy of mine who had the procedure done had to go on eye drops for a while because of dried eyes, and some people have had to undergo laser surgery again. As with any type of surgery, there is always complications, unfortunately undecided.gif

28th May, 2004 - 10:40pm / Post ID: #

That is the scary thing, we are talking about your eyes here, you go blind and that is it! I have heard of some people doing one eye at a time, that way if anything goes really wrong they at least have one eye. Not sure if that gives more assurance to an unsuspecting lasic patient though.

28th May, 2004 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

Yes, that is what makes it scary, the irreversible part.

Offtopic but,
Very similar to gastric bypass surgery, which now has made a splash in the US with all the celebrities that have had it done. No one focuses on the people who have died from it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th May, 2004 - 1:32am / Post ID: #

Wear Specs Forever! Eye Surgery Contacts Glasses

I've worn glasses since I was 8 years old. My daughter now wears glasses at the age of 6! I would be very leery of any kind of surgery on my eyes, unless it was to cure total blindness. Not only the risks involved, but the cost! It's something like $1500.00 per eye.

I'll take a miracle, thank you biggrin.gif
Roz

29th May, 2004 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

Wear Specs Forever! Eye Surgery Contacts Glasses Psychology Special & Health

One of the biggest jokes I have heard from some opticians is that by wearing glasses your vision might actually improve to the point where you do not need the glasses again. I have met someone who claimed this, but their prescription was so low that it made no difference. I know this is definitely not true in myopic conditions (shape of the eye is abnormal).

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Wear Specs Forever! Eye Surgery vs Contacts vs Glasses

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,