Your Membership In Jeopardy

Your Membership Jeopardy - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 25th May, 2004 - 5:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
A Discussion on the potential possibilities of using a forum like this or other related Internet tool to Discuss Doctrine.
24th May, 2004 - 11:38pm / Post ID: #

I was just thinking... And I am sure this will make good Discussion... Let us say that your Bishop or Stake President came across this site, yes this Forum, and then saw your name, image, along with the topics being discussed. Let us say he calls you into his office on Sunday and says something like... "You know what, I saw you on bordeglobal.com's Forum web site and I have to tell you, some of that stuff you people are Discussing are really bordering on apostasy. I have to ask you to stop going there or at least stop participating in the LDS related threads or your membership will be in jeopardy." Question is... what will be your reply and action?

Sponsored Links:
25th May, 2004 - 12:48am / Post ID: #

Jeopardy Membership Your

I would have to reply - go ahead. I am trying to sort out how I feel about a lot of things. I have learned much here, and need to learn more. If apostasy comes from questioning and seeking, then we are all in a lot of trouble, because we won't get any answers without the questions.

I've lost my membership once, for my own actions. I took full responsibility for my actions at that time, because what I was doing was wrong. I am not doing anything wrong now, so if my membership is threatened, I am not worried about it. I'll defer to the Lord, and let Him judge.

I don't fear the leadership anymore. I respect them and support them, but they don't rule me. They especially don't rule my thoughts and emotions.

25th May, 2004 - 2:25am / Post ID: #

Your Membership In Jeopardy Studies Doctrine Mormon

what will be your reply and action?

I would say "You have to be kidding!'. I will definetly not stop going. That web site you are talking about have brought smiles and tears of emotion into my life, it has uplift me spiritually like I never could do here in our Branch because everybody sees Church as a business place rather than a house of worship. But if you feel that way, go ahead, but keep in mind I will take this issue until the First President if necessary. All I have done is to take my responsibility as a member that it is to study the Gospel and find answers."

Just like Nighthawk said I respect the leaders, I'm not afraid of them and I will not do everything they ask me to do because that would mean I am a blind follower and I am not.

25th May, 2004 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

Jeopardy Membership Your

I would have to point out to them the very important fact that there is NO anti-LDS sentiment allowed here, show them the testimony thread, how I was successful in beginning steady reading the BoM due the discussions here, and other very positive, spiritual things happening on this Forum. I would ask on what basis they feel I'm apostasizing, if everything I've come away from here with is positive to my growth in the gospel and in the church?

If they still are determined to cause trouble for, me I would also take it to a higher level.

What do you think, JB? How will you like to have the Twelve visiting periodically to check up on you because we've pursued higher justice?? biggrin.gif

Roz

Post Date: 25th May, 2004 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Jeopardy Membership Your

I think if a Bishop or Stake President really took the time to read most of these threads, they wouldn't have a problem with me being here. This is a pro LDS site, the only criticism appears to be toward how some church members today are not living the gospel.

Now on the other hand, I use to lurk and sometimes post on the exmormon.org forum. My posts were all in defense of the faith and i was attacked quite strongly by the apostates there. many insisted i was not really TBM ( true blue mormon ) because a really true mormon would not go there. I disagreed and still do disagree. if I can see an apostates view point, it can help me to study their position to understand why some leave the church. And if I understand this, it can help me to strengthen my position and testimony. But, I do think a Bishop might councel one to stay away from sites like that.

25th May, 2004 - 3:38am / Post ID: #

But Gaucho, you did not directy answer the question. tongue.gif What would you do if your Bishop or Stake President asked you to stay away from this forum because some the views expressed here are apostate? What would you be your straight answer?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th May, 2004 - 4:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Your Membership Jeopardy

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 25-May 04, 3:38 AM)
But Gaucho, you did not directy answer the question. tongue.gif What would you do if your Bishop or Stake President asked you to stay away from this forum because some the views expressed here are apostate? What would you be your straight answer?

I would tell them that in my opinion, we are discussing important doctrine, nobody is apostate or espousing apostate views. Some here feel the church and its members are not living up to the gospel standards and need to change but that does not make them apostate. But even if there were some full fledged apostates here, why would i flee their prescence? Am i not supposed to work with those who are lacking in their testimony to bring them up? If I am to stay away from this forum because there are apostates here, am I then supposed to stay away from my brother because he is an apostate? if my brother invites me to dinner, do I tell him my Bishop forbids it because you are apostate?

One of the questions in the temple reccomend interview asks if we affilliate, or are symphathetic to any apostate groups? My anser is no, just because I associate with some who are apostate does not mean I agree with them.

25th May, 2004 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

Your Membership Jeopardy Mormon Doctrine Studies

This wouldn't happen in my opinion. If the Bishop actually took the time to read the posts on this forum he would know it wasn't an apostate site. If he insisted on my leaving or facing excommunication, then I would ask that my case be reviewed by the Stake and High Council. If the Stake Presidency and the High Council took the time to investigate and then still felt I needed to stop visiting this site or be excommunicated, I would leave the site.

I wouldn't let just one man (the Bishop) make that decision for me, but if the Stake Presidency and the High Council investigated this and still said I must stop coming here in order to remain a member in good standing, I would obey.

I do not think this would be a case of blindly obeying because I didn't just do what the Bishop said. I would insist on review from above and have the opportunity to explain my position. Then they would have to explain to me why my position is flawed and they are correct.

I think obedience is important, not blind obedience but still obedience. It is not hard to do what we are asked when we are in agreement, the test comes when we don't agree.

My membership in the Church is more important to me than my membership in this forum. I hope I am not offending any one by saying that. However, if I am excommunicated, I lose the ability to go to the Temple for example. Something I am not willing to do without.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: Your Membership In Jeopardy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,