Stealth Racism In The Uk

Stealth Racism Uk - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th Apr, 2015 - 12:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2004 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Stealth Racism In The Uk

Police 'guilty of stealth racism'

An investigation into the police has unearthed "stealth racism" in the training of new officers, the Commission for Racial Equality says.

The probe found forces failing to meet minimum standards on race equality, despite laws compelling them to do so.

Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3804519.stm

Sponsored Links:
16th Jun, 2004 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #

Uk The Racism Stealth

Despite all attempts to the contrary, it is not possible to legislate how society views certain things. So, creating laws to "force" police officers to view certain people, cultures, or societies differently than the rest of society will not work.

Training MIGHT work, but only if the people involved in the training really want to change their own perceptions.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

16th Jun, 2004 - 10:31pm / Post ID: #

Stealth Racism In The Uk History & Civil Business Politics

I agree with Nighthawk, attitudes toward race (or anything else) are not within the remit of law.

Attitudes, though they may be unkind, are not criminal.

In addition to this, almost all highlighting of racism (I speak for the UK) in the news has political motivations. It is often those doing the accusing who have the real problem.

I think there may be violent race problems over here soon - not that the people themselves are really to blame; it is "the powers that be" who use force and try to create the unnatural.

Many white people are feeling we are being flooded with foreign non-Anglo-Saxon cultures, which has some truth to it I must say. This is posing a great danger to our liberties in some regards.

I can honestly say I have not come across what I would define as a racist - but then everyone has different definitions I guess. I think the worst attitudes exist among those who sit in judgment to determine what is racism and what is not racism and then try to enforce it by use of law and policy...

Dubhdara.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

16th Jun, 2004 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

Uk The Racism Stealth

While to some extent I agree with the sentiments expressed by Nighthawk, I think history shows he is not entirely correct. Certainly the average US citizen born in 1980 is far less prejudice than the one born in 1940. A big reason for this has to do with the laws that have been in place since the late 60's early 70's regarding racial equality. People born in the 80's always lived in a society that insisted, at least vocally, that all races were equal. This led to a change in view by the newest members of society. I believe the laws in place to protect minorities went a long way towards ensuring that.

Another very good example is the US military. I believe there may not be a better example of an environment where prejudice for the most part plays little part. This is because there is absolutely no tolerance for it. If you do anything remotely racist, you are put out. Period. This no tolerance attitude is quite effective.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 16th Jun, 2004 - 11:41pm

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Post Date: 10th Apr, 2015 - 12:29pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Uk The Racism Stealth

In the UK, your child's teacher could be a spy

New security guidelines that require teachers to report pupils who show signs of radicalisation are worrying educators. Ref. Source 3

> TOPIC: Stealth Racism In The Uk

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,