Polygamy's 'Lost Boys' Need Not Walk Alone

- General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 8th Sep, 2007 - 11:35am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Abuse
2nd Aug, 2004 - 3:48am / Post ID: #

international QUOTE (Salt Lake Tribune)
Richard Gilbert was 16 when he was tossed out of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. His offense? A desire to continue public school after an edict from FLDS leader Warren Jeffs that followers homeschool their children. And the bad deed that led to a similar fate for Tom Steed at age 15? Talking to nonmembers and watching three movies - including "Charlie's Angels" And "The 6th Day." Read More...

Now 19, these two "Lost boys" Were among 50 youths at the state Capitol on Saturday as South Jordan dentist and businessman Dan Fischer issued a plea for mentors and financial support of children abandoned by the FLDS community....

Sponsored Links:
2nd Aug, 2004 - 1:55pm / Post ID: #

Alone Walk Not Boys Lost Polygamys

I have been seeing more and more of this type of thing coming up. There is an excellent article in the Deseret News about them, also.

https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,595081003,00.html

3rd Aug, 2004 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

Polygamy's 'Lost Boys' Need Not Walk Alone Beliefs Religious General

I cannot understand how so called 'parents' can abandon their own children in such a way!. I hope the US authorities in charge, can get deeply involved in this situation and demand child support and that also can find good homes for them. undecided.gif

3rd Aug, 2004 - 11:53am / Post ID: #

Actually, most of them are older teenagers. While some seem to be in the range of 14 years old, most are between 16 and 21. Therefore, child support would not be an issue.

4th Aug, 2004 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Yes, but can Social Services see after these children who have been abused, they do not have skills to find a job and they end up as prostitutes or drug dealers???

4th Aug, 2004 - 11:28am / Post ID: #

If they are older teens or young adults, social services don't have much that they can do.

I was very pleased to see, when reading the story, that someone is trying to help these people. Since they are from the FLDS church, our church isn't doing anything, which I find particularly sad. But then that is part of general mood in Utah about polygamy - ignore it whenever possible.

If I had any money to help, I certainly would.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Aug, 2004 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

Polygamy's 'Lost Boys' Not Walk Alone

Since they are from the FLDS church, our church isn't doing anything, which I find particularly sad.

I do find it sad too but maybe the Church is helping in an indirect way and we don't know undecided.gif

If I had any money to help, I certainly would

Me too! watching the pictures of these children broke my heart, they looked so distress, sad and lonely...I wish I could do something to help.

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2007 - 11:35am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Polygamy's 'Lost Boys' Not Walk Alone General Religious Beliefs

WARREN JEFFS' 'LOST BOYS' FIND THEMSELVES IN STRANGE WORLD

Franky admits he's conflicted about the life of polygamy he has left behind along with the nearly three dozen brothers and sisters he's banished from seeing.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/07/lost.boys/index.html

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Polygamy's 'Lost Boys' Need Not Walk Alone

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,