Highest Paid Athletes

Highest Paid Athletes - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 25th Jul, 2010 - 10:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

In the world
Post Date: 20th Aug, 2004 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

Highest Paid Athletes

Highest Paid Athletes

You know what... I think I need to give one of these guys a call!

Ken Griffey Jr., Cincinnati Reds

Griffey took the Seattle Mariners from no place to first place. He led them to the American League playoffs in 1995, and again in 1997. That year, he batted .304, hit 56 home runs, and drove in 147 runs. Those stats were good enough for him to win the American League's Most Valuable Player award.

After the 1999 season, a trade sent Griffey to the Reds. His contract is worth a total of $116.5 million from the years 2000-2009.
Ref. https://www.askmen.com/sports/business_60/9...s_business.html

Sponsored Links:
20th Aug, 2004 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

Athletes Paid Highest

I believe this is something that started in Rome with the charioteers that would get enormous sums of money to race. Personally, I have to wonder why we bother pushing pens and typing on a keyboard when you can hit a ball and make millions.

5th Sep, 2004 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

Highest Paid Athletes Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I believe the highest paid professional athlete is Alex Rodriguez of the New York Yankees who had previously signed a $225 million dollar deal for 10 years with the Texas Rangers. Many athletes make a lot of money through endorsement deals and advertising. Other high paid athletes include Shaquille O'Neal, Tiger Woods and LaDanian Tomlinson. Even rookies are signing huge contracts. Eli Manning, before ever making a snap in the NFL has signed a $10 million dollar contract. LeBron James had a lucrative contract and endorsement deal shortly after leaving high school before playing one game in the NBA. It is amazing and disturbing how much money can be made by these professional athletes.

4th Apr, 2006 - 8:21pm / Post ID: #

Athletes Paid Highest

I decided to change the title of this discussion because previously it was limited to US athletes. The reason I did this is because my coworkers and I were having a debate about who was the highest paid athlete in the world, and we all thought for sure that person would be here in the US. Interestingly enough, race car driver Michael Schumacher is currently the highest paid athlete in the world, making a whopping US $30 million! Who would have thought?

https://www.mschumacher.com/welcome.html

7th Apr, 2006 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

Athletes Paid Highest

Malexander,

I was shocked at how much NFL players and Major League baseballers earn. If you consider the popularity of the sports outside the US, it is remarkable that these athletes get far more than football players.

Nobody plays NFL outside America and Baseball is only played by the US, Japan and Latin America. The money that must be in US sport is hard to comprehend.

As for Schumacher, we are talking about the greatest motor sport athlete in history, I think he deserves his salary.

Post Date: 25th Jul, 2010 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #

Highest Paid Athletes

Name: Miltop

Comments: Ever notice that some of the highest paid athletes in the world tend to be 'on' something? They're either 'on' drugs, 'on' prison charges, 'on' probation, 'on' someone other than their spouse, etc. Why can't they just be a great athlete and keep it cool too.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Highest Paid Athletes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,