Feminism

Feminism - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 3rd Nov, 2015 - 6:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Definition / Pros / Cons
Post Date: 5th Mar, 2004 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

Feminism

Is there anything wrong with Feminism? Has it helped women in history or is it more of a torn to society? What is your view?

Sponsored Links:
6th Mar, 2004 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

Feminism

Without feminism, women still wouldn't be able to vote, own property or any number of other things. So, it is not a bad thing, if you are a women! There may be some sides of it that have led to bad, but in general, it isn't a bad thing.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

8th Mar, 2004 - 5:05am / Post ID: #

Feminism History & Civil Business Politics

As many activist groups, feminism has helped its members. For decades these groups have fought for the basic rights of women, so that they would not be treated as mere carriers of babies, just to be held back by the same sons that they bore. We now have the independence our grandmothers didnt even DREAM about ... (which i guess is bad news for men since we're taking over wink.gif )

Of course, there are some fanatics who carry their cause too far...as in the case of many activist groups....and these tend to give the rest a bad name.

is it more of a thorn to society

i think the only thorn to society are those groups who attempt to withold the rights of others...not those who lobby for them.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

8th Mar, 2004 - 5:46am / Post ID: #

Feminism

I agree with Cookie on this and wish to emphasize that there are groups and individuals that go overboard, so I guess it has its good once it is not in the extreme. One such example of going overboard is what I like to refer to as 'vengeance' or 'punisher' groups that seek no real promise for women, but instead try to punish 'men' by in acting or demanding the impossible. For some of these groups if they could require men to go to term with a baby they would!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2004 - 10:46am / Post ID: #

Feminism
A Friend

Feminism

Some feminists go out of their way. They're like, Why do they refer to people as you GUYS? and policemen, etc. That little things doesn't bother me at all. Who the hell CARES? People refer to ships and cars generally as she, and you don't see men arguing about it.

laugh.gif. Besides that nitpicking, there are a lot of people who take things too personally. Like if you want to work a night shift and they'd rather have a man do it, feminists get very upset. Personally, I think it is for their own safety and they should be glad. A robber, etc. would much rather go up against a woman on duty than a man.

I don't think it's a bad thing for someone to refuse giving a night shift job to a woman. But, when men get paid more at the office for doing the same job, then that's a problem. However, my dad would complain that when he was just starting off in his company, all the women in his office with the same ranking job as him would get paid more. So I don't think that's that big an issue anymore these days, and if it is, you can just take it up with your boss and get your salary raised, because it's illegal to discriminate against race, sex, creed, etc...

Okay I'm done now.

Post Date: 13th Jul, 2005 - 8:38am / Post ID: #

Feminism
A Friend

Feminism

People today think of "patriarchal daughters" as weak, brainwashed women, but that is too simplistic. They hold a certain attitude, certain priorities, and they are not exactly "cool" in contemporary terms.

Well, take Loretta Lynn, and I will show what a feminist is not.

She may have sung about taking the Pill, but her biography is certainly un-feminist. She stayed faithfully married for 47-seven years, until the drinking, womanizing critter died of diabetes. When she gave birth to newborn twins, she kept touring at her husband's behest. When he fell ill thanks to his hard-living, she abandoned her career for fifteen years to nurse him. Taking a wife's traditional duties over those of motherhood and career--how unconventional.

Yes, she is tough--and smart, and determined, too. Those who think patriarchal daughters are weak because they do not deem themselves feminist are VERY naive.

You can be an independent-minded woman and not be feminist. Loretta Lynn, after having had plenty babies, could be justly fed up with having them, though she loved the kids she had. Biologically speaking, it is harder than anything a man has to do, so why have a kid unprepared?

In conclusion, I would say feminism is, in a cliche, "a woman is as good as a man." Someone who is not a feminist is someone who both recognizes, and appreciates those differences while not seeing them as a threat.

Loretta's songs speak of frustration with men, but patriarchal daughters do have a propensity for that, and unfortunately, we men too often deserve it.

Agree, disagree? I relish some feedback.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th May, 2014 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Feminism

Buy this, empower women: How advertisers use feminism

Companies are using feminism as an advertising gimmick. And they're facing backlash as a result of these ads. Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 3rd Nov, 2015 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Feminism Politics Business Civil & History

Feminization of America Is Bad for the World

Last week the New York Times published an article, “Sweeping Away Gender-Specific Toys and Labels,” that contained three sentences that explain one of the most important phenomena in American life. In discussing the increasing move to do away with gender-specific toys – something the New York Times approves of – the article quoted Tania Missad, the “director of global consumer insights” at one of the world’s largest toy manufacturers, Mattel: “Mattel’s research showed some differences in what girls and boys wanted in their action figures, Ms. Missad said. ‘For boys... Ref. Source 8e

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Feminism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,